Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any 2010 GT's with Prochargers?

Hybrid View

Any 2010 GT's with Prochargers?

Thinking about getting a SC in Jan-Feb. I don't have a power goal and don't want to make a crazy amount of power.
    But I do want a kit that is upgradeable just incase I do go crazy.
    I like the Procharger kit but haven't seen too many installs or post on various forums about it. One I did read had alot of issues, tuning being one.
    I also seen that some tuners don't like to tune the SC's like the Procharger.

Anyone have this kit on a 2010GT or know of a write-up I can get a link too?
    Or is there any tuners here that have experience tuning the procharger?
    The only weird thing I saw on the Procharger kit was the MAF in the IC. Other then that I don't see why others wont tuner for it.

I was planning on getting the Stage II Tuner kit with the D1. I planned on the FRPP GT500 fuel pumps, 60lb injectors and have it tuned with my SCT.
    Looking to keep it under 450whp for saftey as this is my daily driver.

I don't plan on racing much, I might take a few passes down the 1/4mile in stock forum. I like the Procharger for the type of power it makes, the sound of the SC and the bypass valve.

WillBill from PSR. he's the man i would recommend hands down for anything performance related

Check out Brenspeed, and I highly recomend a twin screw/ roots style over centrifigul, have had both, centrifigul might make more power, but is more like a turbo, these cars are heavy, go for TORQUE, IMO

2012 BOSS 302 #0042
    1995 Mustang GTS
    1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
    1977 Granada
    1973 V8 Pinto under construction
    2006 Mustang GT Saleen supercharger11.66@115.84 SOLD
    1996 Mustang COBRA Vortech Supercharger SOLD
    1983 Mustang GT SOLD
    1970 Mustang Mach1 351 Cleveland SOLD
    1965 Mustang 11.90 1/4 miles SOLD
    1970 Mustang Boss 302 Grabber Green w/white interior TOTALED by front end loader
    1968 GT 500 KR Dual Quad/Automatic/A/C SOLD
    1965 Sunbeam Tiger

11.66@115.84

2012 Boss302 #42
    851/2 SVO

Turbo>twinscrew>centri

With your goals you stated I'd look into the twin screw. I have had both and prefer the street manners of the TS/Roots. Billyboss is dead on about the weight issue too!

I have seen many recommend a twin scew over a centri. What details in my goals would make a twin screw better?
    I have had a few turbo cars, but no sc's yet. IMO the Mustang has more then enough torque as is.
    But a twin screw is not out of the running I'm still researching daily on all the sc's available. I just see the instant torque of the twinscrew to be more of a gimic then useful especially for my needs/goals.

Twinscrew is instant power. No gimic having full boost at a lower RPM with a ton of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Twinscrew is instant power. No gimic having full boost at a lower RPM with a ton of torque.
    IMO it is a gimic when all that power is only good for roasting tires...

But I will definately consider them n my research.

You can roast the tires stock. Roasting the tires is a tire / suspension issue not a blower issue. I can take you for a ride in my gimic twin screw car if you have the courage. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    You can roast the tires stock. Roasting the tires is a tire / suspension issue not a blower issue. I can take you for a ride in my gimic twin screw car if you have the courage. Lol
    Well I would like to compare the centri to a twinscrew.
    I understand what you are saying but I just think having all of that extra torque down low is not going to do much but roast tires easily.
    I have no intentions on running slicks and having a wild suspension to use that extra torque. So with my goals I have been leaning toward the centri.

I have been in some wild cars before and never has the car scared me, it has always been the drivers...