Thread: FlexFan Vs. Electric

Hybrid View

FlexFan Vs. Electric

Been doing research and thought id get opinions from people i actually kno. ALmost every forum says dont use flex fans as they spin off into a million pieces but cool great while they last. As for the electrics their is good vs. evil in itself. whats the best to keep your HP up and your temp down?

After slicing myself a few times years back with flex fan blades, I'll never use one again!
    Plus the newer electric fans are more efficient than they used to be.
    Just one humble opinion...

let me know which one your try. my cobra needs all the help to stay cool out here

Well iv been running electrics (x2 12") and they have been doing great up until im in traffic with 100+ temps. I love them because i can keep them on even when the car is off that way when i jump back in 5 minutes later the radiator is fully cooled off. However, this same concept can be used with a flex fan and have the best of both worlds. So then the question that comes to mind would be if i had the electrics on the front with a flex fan pulling air, would the electric fans restrict air flow at high way speeds?

80 percent of the cars are designed that at highway speeds there is enough airflow through the heat exchanger (radiator) that the fan is inop... fans work better when they pull thru than blow thru.. and one flaw of the older cars is how the water in the radiator flows from top to bottom as the newer cars its side to side.. giving the water more time to transfer heat to the radiator.... I did nt answer your question... but there is a cost difference between the two.. all though I would go electric

Good information! I didnt even think about it but you are absolutely correct. The newer vehicles all run side to side, allowing more time for the electric fan to pull air in and cool it off and not be on such a time crunch.. So if I did go electric any company's you would recommend? I couldn't use a single fan and get the high cfm Im looking for due to the fact that my water pump sits just over 3" away from the radiator.