Thread: Need A Drive Shaft

Need A Drive Shaft

It's been a while and been pretty busy with projects and work but I have a new problem with my 2007 manual. The problem is the carrier bearing and tranny mount are bouncing all over the place when I go over bumps or big cracks on the 101. This harmonic or vibration is now transfering to my MGW short throw making it feel like something is going to fall out from underneath the car. Has anyone experienced this and will a one piece shaft plus a replacement tranny mount from ford keep this issue from happening? Also why does nobody make a replacement transmission mount for the 2005-2009 mustangs? They skipped our whole generation for aftermarket parts.

2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
    Tuned by Extreme Performance
    Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    18x9 18x10, 265/45/18 + 295/45/18
    Concept hood
    JBA LT's, Pypes HF cats, 2nd rev. Flowmasters
    MGW short throw.

Is it possible that your UCA or LCA's are loose or have a blown out bushing or need tightened?

I have dealt with many driveshaft/control arm bushing issues on my 06 and 07. I could write a dissertation in this shit if I felt like reliving it. All I can say is that my '11 will not get any poly control arm bushings or a 1 piece driveshaft even if they were worth 5 tenths.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

I've checked all bolts and I'm running heim joints so there are no bushings to worry about only the vulcanized bushings at the carrier bearing, tranny mount and the OEM hydro motor mounts. I fully understand the garbage that these aftermarket companies are producing and Arizona is NOT one of these states to test ANY plastic componants as far as longivity. I don't care if you have 1300 HP or 300 HP, poly bushings in combo with the heat of AZ roads = no hope. What problems have you had with the drive shaft if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks,
    Eric.

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

Platinum Award 
    I put a AxleExchange one piece in mine an i am TOTALLY happy ! No vibes at all, (even at 135 +) no "clunking", Waaay Lighter than that factory "piece". Have not had ANY problems with it at all !Super nice guys to deal with,and will answer any questions you have. You can Google them , and get all the info you need.

I sent them an e-mail a couple of days ago inquiring if the diameter was going to be a problem with my MGW shifter but have not heard back from them yet.

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTANGT View Post
    IWhat problems have you had with the drive shaft if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks,
    Eric.
    I tried 3 different manufacturers and none of them were perfect. The best one was a Dynotech but it still started to vibe over 120. I fought with them on both cars- indexing, adjustable UCA's, professional installation, professional balancing and never got it perfect.

I really liked the smoothness of the 1 piece though and do think the car revs faster with them. Maybe in time I'll forget the headaches I had with them and try one again in the 11. It would be a good add since this car needs to rev.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTANGT View Post
    I sent them an e-mail a couple of days ago inquiring if the diameter was going to be a problem with my MGW shifter but have not heard back from them yet.
    I just called them, quicker response.

I'll give them a call. Do you know if anyone has tried Dick's Driveline over in south Phoenix? He has made at least 5 drive shafts for all of my broncos the only problem would be is that he will only do steel.

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.