Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bought a 2010 Mustang GT today!

Platinum Award 
    Pretty sure the next thing is the "The Big one Goose" the 50th Anniversary and a new look for sure but the 2013 Shelby that has popping up in Germany at the ring looks to be around 650HP Turbo Charged monster... Thinking the return of the SVO might just be around the corner... The only thing left to do to the Pace car is Bilstein shocks and struts and some springs then the wheels and tires go on I hope before Route 66 because I really want to push it on the switch backs..
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Silver Award 
    Im looking forward to your input regarding the Bilstein set up, from what Ive heard, people say this is what Ford should have done in the first place, suppose to be better than Ford Racing or any of the aftermarket stuff. Ive even read its a night and day difference for ride quality especially for more Daily driver type cars and occasional track/twisties.

What springs you going to go with? I know Bilstein makes a set up for the Mustang.

Totally agree with the stock shocks. looking at the stock ones on the shelby and they a complete junk design. the eibach pro coil overs will be the next suspension mod. plus that also gives more room for the wheels we will be putting on. the stock shocks make it very hard to put on bigger tires ie: 275/35/20.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Pretty sure the next thing is the "The Big one Goose" the 50th Anniversary and a new look for sure but the 2013 Shelby that has popping up in Germany at the ring looks to be around 650HP Turbo Charged monster... Thinking the return of the SVO might just be around the corner... The only thing left to do to the Pace car is Bilstein shocks and struts and some springs then the wheels and tires go on I hope before Route 66 because I really want to push it on the switch backs..

it might make sense that shelby wants to bring out the baddest shelby yet in 2013 cause theres also alot of rumors that the gt500 will be done after the 2013 model.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Silver Award 
    I wont be able to afford a Shelby. Even if I could since they don't currently make an automatic Shelby Id still be out of getting one.

oh no i was talking about the shocks and stuff. dave was looking into getting new shocks and i totally agree with getting new ones. cause i think the stock ones are the worst design i have seen. any aftermarket ones should be a lot better. i havent really seen too much about the bilstein shocks.

look under your lightning thats what came on it, they are on mine

Platinum Award 
    Awesome, Congrats man!!

-Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    it might make sense that shelby wants to bring out the baddest shelby yet in 2013 cause theres also alot of rumors that the gt500 will be done after the 2013 model.
    Hmmmm....If the GT500 will be done after 2013, I cant see Ford spending all the money on engineering a Turbo setup. Just a blower change(KB or Whipple) will easily give 650HP. (Especially if Shelby is offering the Super Snake with 800HP)

Looks like a good time to do a baseline dyno. Maybe we will have a dyno day soon????? :)