Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought a 2010 Mustang GT today!

Hybrid View

Silver Award 

Bought a 2010 Mustang GT today!

Ive been hunting and hunting for a 2011-2012 5.0 GT.
    None were in automatics and I have bad knees and cant do the clutch anymore.
    I also wanted leather, most in my price range we cloth and no power seats.
    Just a little out of my price range still. Probably another year. I also want to see what the deal is with the 2013 Mustang.

Also there are very few 5.0 GT's available unless you want a V6 which didn't interest me, although the MCA V6 is pretty nice but still only a V6. Maybe someday Ill get past that, but for now I gotta have a V8!

I got a smoking deal and got good money for my 2006 GT with 53000 miles and got a 2010 with 14000 miles. Love the ambient lighting, love the Microsoft Sync and bluetooth. Ride quality is 100% better than my 2006. For those that know my issues NO MORE CLUNKING!!!

I'm pretty happy looking forward to the cruise to Prescott this weekend.

I was able to keep my tires and rims I just paid 1500 bucks for less than 3 months ago so that was a bonus. The dealership fought pretty hard to keep them, but I said Id walk so they buckled.

The advantage of not really needing another car is the ability to walk away. The dealership knew it and I knew it.

I'm digging the new toy!

The first one is with the Ford Racing 5 spokes, I like them a lot better than the ones they had on the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

very nice looking, felt like I had to give my 06 away, congrats

2012 BOSS 302 #0042
    1995 Mustang GTS
    1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
    1977 Granada
    1973 V8 Pinto under construction
    2006 Mustang GT Saleen supercharger11.66@115.84 SOLD
    1996 Mustang COBRA Vortech Supercharger SOLD
    1983 Mustang GT SOLD
    1970 Mustang Mach1 351 Cleveland SOLD
    1965 Mustang 11.90 1/4 miles SOLD
    1970 Mustang Boss 302 Grabber Green w/white interior TOTALED by front end loader
    1968 GT 500 KR Dual Quad/Automatic/A/C SOLD
    1965 Sunbeam Tiger

11.66@115.84

2012 Boss302 #42
    851/2 SVO

Thats a great looking stang, CONGRATS!!!

Nice car! just out of curiosity did you look at this car?

http://www.chapmandodge.com/Phoenix-...ng-1J0223A.htm

its leather and auto and a 5.0
    2003 SRT4 12.29@109.36 SOLD
    2003 Cobra 12.00@119 SOLD

2004 Cobra vert 12.05@118
    -intake, exhaust, pulley

2007 Mustang GT 13.66@102
    -JLT CAI
    -Bama tune
    -JBA axle back

thats a badass car I wish I could trade in!

Congrats Joe!!!! If i was going to get a 10-11 I would have picked the same color. I was actually thinking about getting one then i was able to find a bunch of parts to mod my 07 for cheap. I can't wait to see it tomorow.
    http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

The car looks great! You seem to move in and out of Mustangs at a fast rate...you know you can put gas in at "E" rather than trade cars ,,,lol. Enjoy the ride!

RACER00

Great looking car Joe! Great color.

And wade of course you would get that color. Lol

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by silvrsvt View Post
    Nice car! just out of curiosity did you look at this car?

http://www.chapmandodge.com/Phoenix-...ng-1J0223A.htm

its leather and auto and a 5.0
    Yes I looked and drove this car. I did not like the Race Red with the Saddle interior, just looked to orange for me all the way around. Also they glued the tail light darkout plastic over the rear lenses and the front dark out was glued as well. Not a bad car just felt hiddenly abused, made me nervous and I just didn't like the color combo.

One of the main reasons I like the Mustang is because of Eleanor, so I will always lean towards gray, besides Wade likes gray to so 2 great minds think alike! I also like black but we have a black Mercedes now, Im starting to dislike black a little more now since the black shows every single thing!

Dammit Rick your telling my secrets, ya mean your suppose to put gas in em??! Spent this morning trying to add the spacers I bought from you to the 2010 they wont fit, although the 2010 is similar to all the S197's the rear hub is different and wouldn't fit.

Ive always been afraid of Earnhardt dealerships, I heard some big time horror stories over the years, but I gotta tell ya they treated me excellent. They pretty much gave me every single thing I asked for. They gave me nearly 17k for my trade, let me keep my tires and rims, and Im pulling my Pioneer head unit and Amp out Monday. I pulled the SCT Tune out of the 06 Trade in today and added it to the 2010! Now that's much better!

Im ready for Prescott this weekend, I truly am not a fan of Phoenix right now. It seems as I get older I hate the heat more and more, the good thing is we are heading to our house in Heber this coming Wednesday and I'm gone until July 10th! This is the one time in the year we stay in the cool mountains for this long! It also gives the newer Mustang a break from the heat.

Cant wait to the Prescott cruise, hope lots go!
    Last edited by JoeT; 06-24-11 at 06:02 PM.

hey Joe better be careful when you go up to Heber. I just heard last night a fire starting up around Heber - Overgaard. dont know any other details about it though.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.