Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looks like the boss mustangs are at the dealers

was at sanderson ford today the boss has been released from the factory but not shiped yet
    might be in in time for the super ford show but it shows them getting it on the 28th

Seen one going down Bell, by the 17 a couple days ago. I like.

There's a 2011 Boss in this vid!

WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dunno. I'm having issues with my drivers seat and if ford has to replace it, I thought I'd pay more for the recaros that are coming in the 2012 gt500 which are similar to the boss
    sanderson got a new red track pack gt500 in today with the recaros in it. one word "sweet".
    2006 "Killer Bee" GT
    1/4 Mile ET 13.85 @ 101mph

My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks

Platinum Award 
    They are hitting the dealers now, a friend got his tonight, Grabber Orange,,, Sick just sick,! Cant wait for the Grabber Green!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Boss intake just hit my garage!

2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

I might be ordering the new Boss Friday and getting rid of the SS. Still a bit undecided, we will see what happens Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
    Boss intake just hit my garage!

Take this and read it carefully. The guy from Steeda makes his disclamers, but you can get a general idea of what the swap will do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steedagus View Post
    Hi guys. With all the buzz on the Boss intake going around, I wanted to take the opportunity to share our own finding and opinions on this intake.

The candidate car for our dyno's was not completely stock. It already had an intake and tune package making well over 400 at the wheels. The vehicle in question had stock exhaust and no other power modifications outside the Steeda cold air and tune.

We switched to the Boss intake and made many pulls to optimize the tune and get the best results we could. The results are below.

As you can see, peak to peak numbers went up 20 horsepower. As expected though where the stock manifold falls off, the Boss manifold is no where near finished. The highlighted point around 7250rpm shows an impressive 53hp gain. Peak torque is down 14ft/lbs, but points in the midrange loose as much as 27 ft/lbs of torque.

Is this worth it to upgrade if you already have a cold air and tune? For many I think the answer will be yes, but this is definitely not for everyone.

An owner with a cold air/tune, and 3.31 gears that goes to the Boss manifold, tune, and 3.73's at the same time I think will be more than happy as the gears would absorb the feel of the torque loss. It is all going to matter on perspective and intended use.

I may have missed it, but I dont think I've seen anyone do a dyno on a stock intake/stock airbox/stock tune car vs the Boss intake/cold air/tune. We didnt have a car available to us to do the test this way.

We have speculated that compared to a completely bone stock car, the boss intake/cold air/tune combo would give up little if any torque compared to a car that is already making more torque because of tuning.

Looking though all the stock dyno's we had, all of them shut off pretty early due to the stock rev limiter so there is no way to compare how much top end power you make compared to a completely stock car.

I did find a dyno pull from one of our very early dyno development days. The pull is from a car with a stock airbox and very minor tune tweaks as we were just starting the development work. This pull was making around 10 to 12hp more than stock. Because it has a tune, the rev limiter is not an issue and you can use it just to get a vague idea of what the possibilities are.

Disclaimer: This comparison is in no way scientific. It is not same day/same car. Only same dyno on completely different days and weather conditions. It does give us a vague idea on what the gains may possibly be compared to a mostly stock car. Not accurate, but useful enough to give us trend.

As you can see, the torque curve is pretty close. This is not same car/same day as I mentioned earlier so I wont go as far to say that the Boss intake setup actually made more torque than stock, but the trend certainly points to near stock levels of torque. So for owners satisfied with the stock torque curve and want massive horsepower gains, this comparison tends to trend towards that exact result. Based on this comparison you are looking at the possibility of 80 horsepower at high RPM with near stock torque levels. Very interesting to say the least.

If I were you and wanted the most out of this swap I would make sure to have the following mods:
    Long tube headers and free flowing exhaust.
    Naturally a cold air intake
    3.73 gears
    ANd most importantly, a custom dyno tune.

Did ya get a good price?

I heard they were $250 from regular Ford parts until FRP found out.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ