Thread: Blown Black 88 Notch F/S

Blown Black 88 Notch F/S

I've had this listed for sale for quite a while on Corral, but only recently had the urge to think more seriously about selling it. Asking price is $10k. Possible trades for cash + guns only; no bikes, quads, boats, etc. Selling due to a lack of time for it. We have a 2 year old and both work full time, so I don't have much time to devote to another car these days. Thank you...

1988 Mustang, black with black and grey interior, 87k original miles, Original California 5.0 mass air notch. Clean title, no accidents, all original body panels w/ VIN tags (except for the hood). I have the original owners manual, copy of the window sticker, original keys, and a binder full of receipts from the past 10 years or so. Car has spent its entire life in the southwest, between SoCal, Vegas, and now in Arizona.
    New black paint, March of '09. PPG DBC9700 Deltron base/clear.

Short block has ~30k miles on rebuild, 9:1 compression. Heads have 3k. Vortech S-Trim V-1 with unknown mileage, but no shaft play. Pullied for 11/12 psi. Tuned by Devin @ PSR here in Phoenix with an SCT chip, 460/430.
    DSS main Girdle
    Moroso 7qt oil pan
    Romac balancer
    AFR 165's w/ upgraded springs and titanium retainers
    Scorpion 1.6rr's
    Trickflow hardend one piece pushrods
    Edelbrock intake
    BBK 70mm t-body
    UPR Power pipe
    PRO-M 80mm maf
    42lb injectors
    Kirban AFPR
    255 lph pump
    Aluminum radiator
    Dual electric fans
    MSD 6al box
    MSD blaster coil
    MSD billet distributor
    New FMS plug wires
    130A alternator
    BBK 1 5/8 ceramic coated long tube headers
    Dr. Gas 3"x2 1/2" off road x pipe
    Magnaflow mufflers with dumps (I still have the tail pipes too)
    Spec aluminum flywheel 1K miles
    Spec stage II clutch and pressure plate 1K miles
    New D&D T-5 3k miles
    Pro 5.0 shifter
    Aluminum driveshaft
    03/04 Chrome Cobra wheels 17x9 & 17x10.5 (Kumho�s in the front, M/T ET Street radials 315/35/17 in the rear)
    4 wheel disc brake with 5 lug conversion
    Front 99-04 dual piston calipers
    95 spindles
    Rear sn-95 disc brakes
    Adjustable proportioning valve
    Cobra master cylinder
    QA1 tubular K-member
    Flaming river steering shaft
    Motorsport B springs front and rear
    Koni red adjustable shocks and struts
    Griggs caster camber plates
    Griggs subframe connectors
    Griggs adjustable lower control arms
    MMR adjutable upper control arms
    Torque box reinforcement kits
    New battery
    Battery relocated to the truck

The rear end was built about 4-5k miles ago.
    Motive 4.10 gears
    Moser 31 spline 5 lug axles
    31 spline truck diff
    axle tubes welded
    Car also has a Griggs Panhard bar
    T/A girdle
    Poly motor mounts
    Poly steering rack mounts
    Subframe connectors are both inside and underneath the car

Interior has cobra racing seats, stock rear seats have been dyed black, newer black carpet.
    Autometer gauges: tach, oil pressure, water temp, boost, electric fuel pressure inside cabin (not connected)
    Clarion head unit w/ CD player & Sirius. 20% tint all around.

I'm sure there are some things I am missing. The car is awesome and has all the best parts. No shortcuts were taken.

Items of note:

Car has no A/C or smog. Everything under the dash is still intact for the A/C so it would not be hard to hook back up. I have been registering the car as emissions exempt by getting classic car insurance. Full coverage is about $200/year.
    It still has P/S and the motorsport a/c delete bracket that relocated the P/S pump up higher so you don't have to run an A/C delete pulley.
    Has Cobra W/P pulley, Taurus P/S pulley and ASP smog delete pulley (has over an inch of belt-to-W/P pulley clearance).
    Headliner is grey and has some scratches in it, easily replaced if you have an hour and some patience. Seatbelt sleeves are torn up and could be replaced.
    I refinished all of the moldings when the car was painted. Drip rails, dew wipes, quarter moldings, etc, primed & painted with SEM Trim Black. Also, the door to body weatherstripping is new. Handles, locks, front & rear window trim was painted body color. All emblems deleted except for Punisher aluminum in grille. Antenna holes were filled in. Trunk has shocks installed and lifts automatically when opened (torsion bars removed).
    Motor does leak a small amount of oil. I will include a new Fel-Pro oil pan gasket and I am planning on getting the oil return bung welded (seeps from the joint).
    Cervini�s Cobra R 2� cowl hood. There is a wrinkle in the hood from fiberglass reinforcement that I did, and it is noticeable in the right light, but does not show up well in pictures.
    I also have 2 Rubbermaid crates full of extras that will go with the car. Extra pulleys, mounts, interior parts, stock parts, fittings, connectors, plugs, complete new set of Hawk front and rear brake pads, gaskets, valvesprings, etc.

Platinum Award 
    Beautiful car!

-Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Sold pending funds. Not staying local, unfortunately.

i would have loved to have this in my garage. Where is it headed off to??

Headed for Seattle.

We never got a chance to see whose Vortech'd fox was quicker, Rich! Next time.

i still haven't done anything with mine. Have an AIS meth kit and a few other things to install before getting it tuned.