Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 427 Cobra vs 2011 GT500 Super Snake

Hybrid View

427 Cobra vs 2011 GT500 Super Snake

Platinum Award 
    SWEEEET !! All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2011 gt500 super snake = Lame
    It looked like it needed some slicks to put down that 11.16 while the cobra had street tires.
    I'd take the cobra any day over that overpriced pig but thats me.
    2006 "Killer Bee" GT
    1/4 Mile ET 13.85 @ 101mph

My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks

The supersnake is just plain badass! nothing on the road compares to it. and yea it does need drag slicks cause when your pushing out over 750 hp its a little hard to get traction. the cobras putting out 550. and those didnt look like regular street tires to me. gt's pushing over 450 hp need drag slicks at the track or they wont get traction. you gotta remember that cobra probably costs a pretty penny too. so when you look at everything you get on the new supersnakes you cant beat it at all. yea it does cost a little much but still. Just get behind the wheel of one and see what you think of it then. lol how quickly it would change. Honestly i wouldnt do the supersnake upgrade though. you could just get a new blower and suspension system and your right there.

Plus the supersnake wasnt running slicks on the road course. it was running stock Goodwill eagles. thats what comes with the supersnake upgrade.

the car is BADASS.
    Last edited by 05mustangman; 02-08-11 at 12:45 AM.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

I tell you man... for some reason the Gt500s just don't live up to their name... its like they became overpriced fat pigs.. ya they put down power but they need it to move all that mass... perfect example... Truckers legend.. has 350 less horsepower and is only .5 second slower on a drag radial and auto...also its not 75K on the pocket book... good car show cars, but suck ass on the tracks... that compare is a bit off.. I see it as comparing apples to oranges.. too different cars.... just one big shelby hype commercial..

edit.. that SS should have been faster in the quarter come to think of it... may need a driver mod.. 750hp at 4Klbs should get you into the 10's..

maybe I need to put a man petal in mine so I can dust off a super snake

the supersnake just needs a driver mod. as stated by slosvo the car should have been in the 10's considering regular gt500's run in the 12's stock.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

but then we go with the should-a, could-a, would-a...its like my focus.. it can run 10's also.. just need put a 12 cylinder Rolls-Royce in it

I think on our next outing there should be a gt500 with a driver mod to show us what they can really do..

Just get behind the wheel of one and see what you think of it then. lol how quickly it would change
    I dont think so. Just because it has 750,000,000 hp dosn't mean anything if you cant one drive and two dont race it.

the cobras putting out 550. and those didnt look like regular street tires to me. gt's pushing over 450 hp need drag slicks at the track or they wont get traction
    so if the cobra had 550 hp he should of had slicks and tread on the back tire means that at the most he had some kind of drag radial but I doubt thats the case.

you gotta remember that cobra probably costs a pretty penny too
    maybe for an original but a kit car is in the same ball park
    2006 "Killer Bee" GT
    1/4 Mile ET 13.85 @ 101mph

My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks

ROFLMAO
    when even shelby himself said he's rather have the old cobra