Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 427 Cobra vs 2011 GT500 Super Snake

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    ROFLMAO
    when even shelby himself said he's rather have the old cobra
    Maybe because shelby is old school and has been driving Cobras all his life. It would make sense why he likes them. Just cause shelby doesn't build them himself doesn't mean their any less of a shelby then any others. If that's what people think you gotta think the same about others. Does jack roush himself build roushs? No. Does Steve saleen himself build saleens? No.

i take the boat anny day over the cobra it fits me better tire mod and its good "small as litle toycars you only can wear on a foot"i need a diet !

Plus remember the mustang isn't some little compact car that should weigh 2,000 pounds. The power more than makes up for a little weight. Remember, were not driving civics.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    Plus remember the mustang isn't some little compact car that should weigh 2,000 pounds. The power more than makes up for a little weight. Remember, were not driving civics.
    this sounds like Chrysler protocol.. the challenger is a very good looking car.. but its a behemoth.. when they get compared to mustangs and camaros.. they always get slaughtered even though they have big cube big torque engines... I almost don't see them in the same catagory.. its a shame that cars are getting bigger...like in the 70s.. sometimes power can't make up for the weight.. throwing that shelby around the curves no matter the power its physics..

That is true about the chally though. Those are some big cars. Granted the shelby needs a few mods to be able to really conquer the curves but i think it handles pretty good for being a stock suspension. I personally love big cars. i think the bigger the car the better. Not in the mustang though as i think the mustang is big enough. i just hope in the future they dont really make the mustang smaller and smaller like an rx8 or something. i think the mustang is perfect in size right now as its not too big but not too small.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

who said anything about shelby building it himself I just said what he prefered to drive
    the only school we need here is you to go back to school and understand what you read
    maybe a brain mod is in order here
    I prefer to mod my own not buy something I enjoy working on it
    and making it do what I want not hopeing that someone else did it for me and maybe it will work
    bring the truck out on the 27th and lets have some fun not this BS of arguing about something stupid
    you can have a good time if you just let yourself

Only 128mph??? How about a real world comparison. My car made 710 to the tires. At 3921 pounds (driver included) it went 140 in the quarter all day long. Makes me wonder where they get that number 750hp.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    who said anything about shelby building it himself I just said what he prefered to drive
    the only school we need here is you to go back to school and understand what you read
    maybe a brain mod is in order here
    I prefer to mod my own not buy something I enjoy working on it
    and making it do what I want not hopeing that someone else did it for me and maybe it will work
    bring the truck out on the 27th and lets have some fun not this BS of arguing about something stupid
    you can have a good time if you just let yourself

I dont know where you read that i actually said someone said all that. i was making a comparison if thats ok. people always say it shouldnt really be a shelby cause shelby doesnt build them himself. That was just a pretty statement you made. you always say that people can have their own opinions then you say i need to go back to school and get a brain mod. Are you serious? Wow. Just wow. i wasnt saying to anyone you need to learn to read or anything rude to a person. i was talking about cars and you have to say something rude like that. thats pretty low dennis. and trust me, i do have a good time until you have to say something rude and ruin fun. i was having fun talking in this thread not slamming anyone else. i dont believe i was talking crap to someone.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

IMO those tires on the Cobra look like tires with less traction than the drag slicks on the SS, so the comparison wasn't exactly accurate. I'd like to see a re-test with slicks on the Cobra.
    The guy driving the SS took his time shifting on the road course. With quicker shifts seems to me they could be tied time wise. I love the original Cobra for looks, power, sound and speed. The SS is a modern alternative, with Mustang Cobra looks. Impressive that it handled that well although I thought I heard some feathering of gas pedals also on the drag strip, but that's just me. If my wife was with me we'd take the SS, although it would be a convertible triple black if it was in my garage. Ladies love all creature comforts, A/C is a must for them...and it would be an '07-09 body style. Again that's just my body style preference for the '07 - '12 styling. Too bad they didn't bring the 5.0 back in '07. If it was me driving I'd take the Cobra, regardless of how long the road trip is. The topless look is all the A/C I need even in 122 degree heat, 'cause I did my time in cold places already and don't mind the heat. Oh and watch your leg getting out, those side pipes'll give ya a nasty burn. As for Dennis, he built himself a car that IMO is also bad ass. For a lot less money. The great thing about our hobby these days is you can either buy or build what ever you want.

My ultimate goal is to use my 95 as a donor car for a AC Cobra one day.