Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam and PSR Tuning update

Cam and PSR Tuning update

Not sure if Devin at PSR or Brenspeed get's the credit, but...WOW.

Ordered the new cam - Brenspeed's Detroit Rockers, and had Devin tune my '07 shelby.
    Like a new car...old school sound...picked up around 30hp, but feels like double that in the higher gears. I hate it when these guys do such good work...now all I think about is the next mod. What a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by azspeed View Post
    Not sure if Devin at PSR or Brenspeed get's the credit, but...WOW.

Ordered the new cam - Brenspeed's Detroit Rockers, and had Devin tune my '07 shelby.
    Like a new car...old school sound...picked up around 30hp, but feels like double that in the higher gears. I hate it when these guys do such good work...now all I think about is the next mod. What a sickness.
    How does your car idle now? Is really lopey and does it still drive well? And that's brenspeeds cam for a 5.4 4 valve? Sorry so many questions but I don't really see any other shelbys with cams. What valve springs? And if u don't mind what was the total cost for that? And yes psr does fantastic tuning.
    Last edited by 05mustangman; 01-25-11 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    How does your car idle now? Is really lopey and does it still drive well? And that's brenspeeds cam for a 5.4 4 valve? Sorry so many questions but I don't really see any other shelbys with cams. What valve springs? And if u don't mind what was the total cost for that? And yes psr does fantastic tuning.
    I've got zero auto technical expertise, so here's just an amateur view...

Idle....Set up at 650 - only feel the idle completely stopped and it's a tiny bit rougher than before but I like it that way.
    Lope...It lopes like a cam, but quieter and a bit quicker than you hear on many cars. Drivability is amazing in that the cam is virtually unnoticeable.
    Brenspeed markets these cams as not needing springs etc. Guess they just pop in. Net result is that the install is faster and cheaper...Ballpark cost for cam - install - tune was $1,500.00
    I figure that's about half of normal cost, so I'm toying with letting Devin and PSR do long tube headers in order to totally reach my sound and HP objectives.
    I agree the tune was fantastic, but I'm unsure about the headers. What are the pluses and minuses?

Quote Originally Posted by azspeed View Post
    I've got zero auto technical expertise, so here's just an amateur view...

Idle....Set up at 650 - only feel the idle completely stopped and it's a tiny bit rougher than before but I like it that way.
    Lope...It lopes like a cam, but quieter and a bit quicker than you hear on many cars. Drivability is amazing in that the cam is virtually unnoticeable.
    Brenspeed markets these cams as not needing springs etc. Guess they just pop in. Net result is that the install is faster and cheaper...Ballpark cost for cam - install - tune was $1,500.00
    I figure that's about half of normal cost, so I'm toying with letting Devin and PSR do long tube headers in order to totally reach my sound and HP objectives.
    I agree the tune was fantastic, but I'm unsure about the headers. What are the pluses and minuses?
    Not really any downside to long tubes other than expense. The 3V engines seem to respond quite a bit better than the 4V engines in a N/A application.
    If you're in love with the sound now Ron, you'll jump for Joy with the long tubes................we won't tell your wife about Joy either.

Glad to hear you're happy with your car!
    That new hood of yours sure makes the car now!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please have Devin shoot me a total price for the headers. I guess we'll go with the coated Pypes. He can reply to my private e-mail address which you should have on file. Thanks

Will do Ron
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

agreed headers made our car sound like a totally new car! a set of rough cams for that would be amazing. bill we still have our pulleys that we are going to get installed and tuned pretty soon. ill be hittin ya up for that maybe within the next month. Bill have you done any cams in the 4V shelbys yet?

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    agreed headers made our car sound like a totally new car! a set of rough cams for that would be amazing. bill we still have our pulleys that we are going to get installed and tuned pretty soon. ill be hittin ya up for that maybe within the next month. Bill have you done any cams in the 4V shelbys yet?
    To be perfectly honest with ya, Cams on a 4V are not really worth the expense unless you are upping the boost quite a bit and are willing to give up a bit of driveability.
    I'd rather see you put the money towards doing a Whipple set up. It's much more cost effective(more HP per $$$ spent) and maintains the same level of driveability as stock!
    We had a 09 GT500 in here last week with a LITTLE 2.9 Whipple that made 690RWHP on 15-16 lbs of boost.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Still looking for LT header totals...thx

if your looking for kooks long tubes with a catted x pipe setup your probably looking around $1,300-$1,400.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.