Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Wheels and Tire

Hybrid View

Gold Award 

Question on Wheels and Tire

For my 2006 Mustang GT, what is the maximum width tire that can be put on a 18x10 wheel safely? I am looking to pick up the Mustang Roush Chrome 18X10 wheels.

I have been unable to find anyone with a matching Roush wheel in size 18x8 or 18x8.5 for the fronts. Do they even make them? and if so, does anyone know who might sell them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

call John at stage3motorsports they are a roush dealer he can answer all your questions

Gold Award 
    Long story, check your PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    call John at stage3motorsports they are a roush dealer he can answer all your questions

I have 275 on mine but I think you could put 295 or so on there but the type of tire would also determine what size to get. Nittos usually run smaller as I have been told. I would call a place like discount they would totally help you out. Seems like you got beef with stage 3?

10 inch rims on the front? I dunno if I would do that. I thought you meant the rear wheels.

Yea I don't no about 10's in the front. I would stick 9's or 9.5 max. For the tears you should definitely be able to get 305's for ten inch rims. The shelbys come with 285s and can fit 315 with real minor modification.

They only come in 10 inch width. I had an 06 and 07 Roush that came with those wheels. 18x10 with 275/40/18's on all 4 corners. The 06 had some Bridgestones that were pretty nice but the 07 came with some super shitty Coopers that I chucked and replaced with Nitto 555's.

Those wheels look cool but be forewarned that they are heavy as hell. If I remember correctly they were like 34 lbs. I replaced mine with some Steeda UL-1's that were only 24 lbs. The forged version is like 28 lbs but a couple hundred bucks more.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Gold Award 
    Thank you all for your inputs. Think I am going to shy away from the Roush wheels; 18x10's on the front I think are going to be too problematic so back to wheel hunting.

Don't know what's problematic about them. Roush has like tens of thousands of 05-09 cars on the road with those wheels on them on all 4 corners.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
    Don't know what's problematic about them. Roush has like tens of thousands of 05-09 cars on the road with those wheels on them on all 4 corners.
    In my saga of looking for wheels and tires, I have had several people tell me that yes 10 inch wide rims can be installed in the front, but with being this wide, they tend to make normal turning and hard cornering a bit harder thus affects the handeling some to include playing havoic on your front end, and alignment. Thus I had to weigh this in along with future induced costs and maintenance they may cause to include the wheels that are pretty pricy to start with, more so the RR03's that a really like. So in the big picture, its going to be 10's in the rear, and 8's in the front if I can find a set I like. Thanks for your insight though.