Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hellion 13# and 17# drag strip results

Gold Award 

My Hellion 13# and 17# drag strip results

Well, was told when I teched in, anything faster than an 11.49 and I'm disqualified. So that being said, I couldnt turn the wick up but made a couple shake down passes. This is the 1st time I've ever been to the strip with the turbo so it was kind of learning all over again. All runs were without Nitrous. Ist off, the tune I got last night from my tuner was corrupt, this had my 2-step built in the tune. No 2-step, no boost of the line. So when I launched, it was like launching a N/A cobra at 5K RPM, then bogging LOL! But one it built boost, holy shit! 1st run, 13psi results:

60'........1.965 LOL
    1/8.......7.902
    MPH....97.98
    1/4.....11.918
    MPH....126.03

Second run, thought I had it on kill mode, but didn't turn my setting and gain up high enough.

60'........2.098 WTF!
    1/8.......7.986
    MPH.....102.7
    1/4......11.845
    MPH.....132.79

I still can't figure out why I didn't get a better ET with more mile an hour, I must have spun a little some where.
    So 4 more lbs is good for another 6.76 mph When we have the track rental, I'll put it on kill mode. This time, with the nitrous off the line and 23lbs of boost

I'd like to thank Stage3Motorsports.com for sponsoring me to run in today's Fun Ford Weekend and I'd also like to thank Performance Solutions and On3Motorsports for their hospitality in the pits along with ice cold Gatorade (it wa hot as hell today) Also, the hat and shirts look great! Thanks again guys. Gene
    Last edited by Gene; 10-28-06 at 08:28 PM.

Gold Award 
    I'm gonna have to have Devin teach me about Gain lol

Hey Gene, what are you doing for fuel on that 23 PSI + spray setup?

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG View Post
    I'm gonna have to have Devin teach me about Gain lol

Hey Gene, what are you doing for fuel on that 23 PSI + spray setup?

I have Twin GT40 pumps and -8 line from the hat to the rails. I have a BAP and modified FPDM as well. I'm going to talk to Dan sometime next week about some fuel rails. So far, I have enough fuel to support a few bonzai blasts of 24psi. Jon Lund is my tuner and I have a nitrous tune for the initial hit. I have a hobbs switch that shuts off the nitrous one I see 10 psi of boost (I still need to hook all the shit up). I just need that intial hit to lower my 60's and I'm in business.

Gene, do you have that black cobra with the big stickers on it? If so I was the dude with the camera (that I bring everywhere). Sweet car man!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious781 View Post
    Gene, do you have that black cobra with the big stickers on it? If so I was the dude with the camera (that I bring everywhere). Sweet car man!
    I own the cobra with the stage3 decals. So you were the one with the huge telescope LOL! Wish I could have met you man. Maybe next time.

I don't think that the 1.9 60 is so bad without a two step, nice runs man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I own the cobra with the stage3 decals. So you were the one with the huge telescope LOL! Wish I could have met you man. Maybe next time.
    Yeah that was me. I'll be out on HPS race day so we can meet then. I don't know how much I will be racing, but I will be taking lots of pics/video!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious781 View Post
    Yeah that was me. I'll be out on HPS race day so we can meet then. I don't know how much I will be racing, but I will be taking lots of pics/video!
    Upload some pics from FFW mang!

Yeah, got to do some post-processing but its in the works. Mucho busy week, plus I have to go play army this weekend.

That thing is a monster, Gene!

Just wait until you git'r dialed in, your car will be stupid fast.

- Dustin