I've been out of the game for a while. Summer of '09 I roasted two pistons while making a top speed run at El Mirage Dry Lake. A weak battery killed the Alternator, which caused the fuel pumps hiccup right as I was at full song. While crab walking across the dry lake with the big 315's clawing for traction at 168 mph, I killed my baby. Well, hurt it bad at least. It DID drive home under it's own power.

Spent the next year saving money and planning the build. Finished it two months ago, and have since been making up for lost time. Dyno tuned the beastie to 470+ Hp / 490+ Tq to the wheels, on a "fat", safe 91 Octane Tune under only 10.7 lbs boost. That is uncorrected, on a hot day. So about 500 /500 in good air is about right. Due to the extensive Plenum / Blower / Manifold ports, my boost level dropped. I built the bottom end to handle so much more, but need a 4lbs lower pulley to get my boost back up. Tuner then claims 520 /520 all day long. My Tq. is unusually high, due to us having the cams degree'd for mid-range drivability, rather than sheer top end numbers.

I then took it to Famoso Raceway for some "shakedown" runs. But, due to bad conditions and insane lines, I only got in three passes. Didn't get to "test or tune" much. It ran an 11.7 @ 118 off an 1.68 60' time. Not bad, but I've run quicker under better conditions, with 4.10's. I am currently back to the stock 3:55's due to a vibe issue.

Two weeks later, I entered in the local Toys 4 Tots car show, and did pretty well. No trophies, but lots of attention, even among the real nice vintage iron present.

The following day, I was "called out" to the local "Grudge Race" held up at Willow Springs Raceway. It is only a 1000' temporary track. So, it is fun and casual, but not prepped for a hard launch and data is limited. More like a real street race. Regardless, running just as I drove in there, on my Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (275/40-17), I managed to knock down all the competition! I ended up winning 10 of the 10 races I had, all against very potent mid-11 second Cobra Mustangs! We represented well, being the quickest group there, even running quicker than several of the fat-tired true race cars that were trailered in. Very impressive, driving off with a full interior, CD player, air and all the while getting 20 mpg in a car that can corner and stop as good as it can sprint.

So, the next weekend, I was invited to go up and Instruct at Willow Springs International Raceway's "Horse Thief Mile" circuit. ExtremeSpeed Track Events was putting on it's event "rain or shine" despite the fact that a record low temp rain storm was charging into the area. I made the most of it, running on my bald assed Nitto
Drag Radials, that I had hand grooved and put into road racy action just to get me through the event (I am on a budget like everyone else)!

Turns out that everyone was impressed with the Cobras that showed up, and it was almost like a Disneyland ride line of people waiting to take demo rides with me and the other instructor "Diablito" who was also running his Comp Orange '04 Cobra. Though, his is highly modified, with brake and tire upgrades, weight reduction, caged and home made air splitters, etc. putting down about 530 Hp to the wheels.

The conditions definatley favored a more balanced AWD platform, on this tight narrow circuit. Especially in the pouring rain, with high winds and very cold temps. We represented well, however and were getting alot of attention with our blowers, and exhaust howling, as we slithered and drifted up and down the steep elevation changes surrounded by exotic imports such as BMW's Sti's and track Prepped Honda S2000's.

At the end of the day, we ran a "Time Attack" to see who could manage to cut the quickest lap. End result, I was third fastest overall, with my stock brakes, suspension and bogus tires. Second went to Diablito, in his track prepped Cobra on Nitto NT-05's. Quickest of the day, was a track prepped, fully gutted AWD Evo10 on road race tires, running a Methanol Injection set up!

So, long story short, I've been having a complete blast, and am damn glad to be back out there participating in all these various formats, representing the Mustang community well and having the time of my life. I can't tell you how impressed I am (as well as others), with how strong, versatile, reliable, and relatively affordable these Terminator Mustang Cobra's are.

I will now add some pics and vids to help all of you killl some time over the Holiday Weekend. Cheers! Glad to be back!