Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

Hold my beer and watch this Bubba

Trunk didn't have enough in it so we added more. I didn't want anyone to be scared so we went for the stealth look.

Lunch time rear end grabbing

According to the guys, she lives

Well its official, she has some blue oval in her now. Ford 9 inch install is done and the car is running.

Bend over, touch your toes, me n Ethyl will show ya where the wild weasel goes. Shaping up to be an interesting dyno day on the 29th at SNL in Haslett, providing we don't barbeque Phoenix on the dyno tuning it.

I didn't realize you had IRS in the car with a 9" center. Never seen that before.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Lots of the GTOs are going to 8.8's nowadays. When we topped 965 rwtq we figured the 9 inch was a good direction since all I have to do for the SRA is get the bracing and housing.

Damned injectors were so big we had to take the blower off to get them on. Everything is on and buttoned up, waiting for Matt to tune it. E85 conversion complete except the tuning.

thats one car i wont try to run on the street. that rear end is soooo sexy! this is the only gto i like! curious, whats been don to the motor its self and whats the displacement of the whipple?
    2004 SVT Cobra, C&L, Pypes, SLP, B&M, Steeda, conservative 483rwhp @ 12.6 psi

It's a 4 liter Whipple. We are pretty much near maxing the motor out. It is a 408 LQ9 and was purpose built by Texas Speed for boost. They told me around 1500 was the limit on the shortblock. Eagle forged innards with Diamond -.28 cc dished pistons. Everything coated. The motor was being built for a pro team that went broke and I got a break on it. The heads are ETP 245 cc and the cam is a custom FI grind from SNL We made 969/1111 today.

Here is a pretty good romp from today. Third gear is insane.

Nice.