Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

We got the car on the dyno last night. Good news is she held 21 lbs of boost with no falling off so the cog drive works great. Also the Moroso remote electric water pump kept the ECT at a steady 185-190 through the session, I highly recommend that product. On the down side the injectors maxed out. We are going to have to go to 190 lbs injectors to keep up with the 21 lbs of boost. IATs were through the roof so we have some work to do there yet. We also discovered a breaker box in the rear mount battery install was just not robust enough to survive the vibrations and we will have to work out an alternative to that. Car made 775/850 to the wheels with 12 degrees of timing in a best of two pulls. We get the injectors sorted out and work on the IATs we will hit at it again.

Two stage shot coming next
    Last edited by wrp; 09-13-11 at 07:02 PM.

Of course we only built her to play with her

Nice numbers. Car is going rpm be a monster at the track.

Thanks, I have enjoyed your following this and commenting :)

I've teased you guys for about a week on the new snout for the cog drive. I am sure many were wondering how many seconds the cog would last until it snapped off. This is the solution designed by Steve Addison of SNL Performance. Snout problems and belt slipping are problems of the past.

Okay, so me n Radio was sittin around SNL the other day, kinda thinkin up things to do. I handed my beer over to Radio and said "hold my beer Bubba and watch this". So I went over to the phone and called GForce1320 and ordered a 9 inch rear end with a Moser pumkin, 3:50 gears, and a 35 spline Wave Trac upgrade. Stand by for pics

Okay, so me n Radio was sittin around SNL the other day, kinda thinkin up things to do. I handed my beer over to Radio and said "hold my beer Bubba and watch this". So I went over to the phone and called GForce1320 and ordered a 9 inch rear end with a Moser pumkin, 3:50 gears, and a 35 spline Wave Trac upgrade.

Parts have started arriving and the first received was the housing. Thought I'd follow along with it as we install it. First up was strengthening and modifying the stock control arms.

We also started the next phase of the engine tuneup, receiving the Nitrous Kit

wavetrac I was looking for feedback on one of those.

They sure have a decent warranty. I am thinking they are going to be better than the Eaton or Auburn units.

This thing is getting more Ford parts than GM lately. Axles and Stubs came in today, she's on the rack getting more shit put in the trunk right now, start with the new install on the 9" IRS tomorrow.