Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

Pretty much got over the last hurdle today. The radiator and fan setup is hooked up with wiring and plumbing. The remote electric water pump is hooked up. The cooling system is under pressure. Only thing remaining is to hook the heat exchanger reservoir up in the trunk. May start tomorrow

She lives!!!!!

Last edited by wrp; 08-03-11 at 05:52 AM.

Drove her around some today. We have some more fabrication to do. Roll Cage starts Monday.

Whining Ethyl - Sounds of Ethyl

Last edited by wrp; 08-06-11 at 05:19 PM.

Didn't get much done this weekend. Did get the cutoff switch sitting upright and managed to get it to push to cut off

We were getting close to finishing the car so we tore the interior out to start the roll cage install

Damn I missed the she runs video. Sounds badass.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Check this out :)

Looking at the Roll Cage Install today and noticed the CPU relocation was clearly visible. The shots I took at the time of install were mostly of my friend using foul language. Enjoy

Finally finished the Alternator wiring to the Kill Switch today.

Just got back from a hell of a good trip to SNL. Steve has really outdone himself. He has designed a top cog pulley that I believe is going to be more resilient and less prone to either breakage or belt walking due to flexing. The solution is high quality machined with very close tolerances. His earlier attempts were pretty good but there was still a little bit of flex in the Cog and the mount which transferred the pressure to the rest of the snout. You guys have topld me breaking snouts is not an uncommon thing. Steve has taken the entire thing to a new level, an artform as far as I am concerned. Some might not like it but I personally believe it will carry me to levels of output I never thought possible and do it reliably. Anyone with a Gilmer drive or contemplating going to one with either a Kenne Belle or a Whipple should contact SNL and talk to Radio. Pics below are of the actual snout shaft for the cog. Radio will release the pictures of the brace when he finishes it.