Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

Got much of the interior back in today. Still have to remount the ECM, front kick panels and passenger seat. I think the console panel turned out well. I bought a second Firecharger system so now I service three zones with two nozzles each. To solve the activation challenge I just mounted the handles where I could pull them both easily.

Test fired one of the Firecharger systems today. I have set up two systems to cover three zones. Couple things to take out of this. The charge lasts about 15-20 second. The coverage was skewed here by the outdoors windy condition yet the spray pattern seemed fairly consistent. the globs at the end were due to a misaligned nozzle.

Ethyl Roars X, put up the furry pets, get out the fiery hot sauce.

Put in the drivers side harness today, well mostly, still have to work on the mounting on the right side of the car. We also got the fuel pump filters right. Thanks to RUQWIKR on LS1GTO for pointing out the fire suppression bottles need to be horizontal to function properly. That will be my next project.

Got Ethyl out for street tuning yesterday. She decided to show us who was boss and proceeded to kill the entire Alliance Air Show and Goodguys car show. All Matt and I had to do was get her to the right intersection at the right time. On the up side, we heard some cool insults, some of which are anatomically interesting though most likely impossible. Saw several vintage firearms and a couple of nickel plated Saturday night specials. I'd estimate we had 10,000 cars blocked for about 10 minutes. Once her point was made she fired right up and continued on the 60 mile journey home. Enjoy the video, the reason for the grey was I had ducked a 22 caliber pistol shot and dropped the phone on the seat camera side down. A couple of people from the Goodguys show followed us over to the nearest lot to tell us she sounded good. Three bikers came over to whip our ass.

Here are some shots of the car running. Matt was keeping it out of boost until he can get the driveability sorted out.

Sounds badass!
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thanks

Street Tuning, massive changes in fueling

right at 15 seconds you can see the belt disintegrate. The tensioner pulley slipped and the belt got into the bracing.

Took some advice and moved the mounts horizontal. Theory being if upside down, then they would still work

Also modded the exhaust a bit to better accommodate the Ford 9 inch.

First really hard launch from the dig, was on street tires though.

Moar wheel shots.. Also mounted the second fire bottle horizontally, just have to reconnect the nozzles and that will be complete.