Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

Got the stuff from GForce1320 today. FTI is effective about bringing this all together at the same place at the same time.

Getting down to business now

Took us 19 hours to get the speedometer gear off. Could have probably done it sooner but have never done that so was somewhat of a pussy about it. Finally got it off this afternoon. Has delayed the build a bit.

First thing we had to do was take the old style Speedometer Gear off the Output Shaft

Took us 19 hours to get to this point, yea we are pussies but this is the first time we've done this.

Then we had to heat up the 17 tooth reluctor that enables us to use the Speed Sensor

Align the Reluctor to the middle of the hole, approximately the same location as the gear we removed.

Bolt in the Speed Sensor and button up the tailshaft

I had really hoped to spend next week finishing the small stuff and dyno tuning it. Then a couple of weeks getting the hood finished. The delay has pretty much put the whole fall drag racing season at risk. While I could run without a hood after all the effort I thought I would just wait until the car was done. I can't put the CBM intake on, can't finish the hood, can tune the car until I get the transmission in. Cannot even really finish putting the interior in.

We have gotten some stuff done. Replaced the rear main seal and bolted the flexplate in, removed the shifter boot and cut the console for the shifter to fit, plus put the hole cover plate in.

Sure is taking a lot of small steps.

We had to change torque convertors so it has delayed us some. Got the new unit in today and I will attack it tomorrow. Also worked on a setup for the Fire Suppression System. The system I bought supports only two zones. I will buy another but was perplexed at how to put suppression in all three zones with a single pull release. Solution will be a roll bar mounted cable mount with both cable pulls side by side. I can rig a pull like an ejection seat or something where one tug pulls both cables. Here is the setup with only one pull mounted. Will probably end up putting that on the top bar.

Also got some of my prototype Camera Mounts back from the Chroming process today. Will roll them out at GOATFEST.

Wife ran me out of the hospital today. Went out and took a few pictures. The shifter is in waiting for the transmission to get back from FTI. Also started working on the undercarriage, cleaning it up some

This is a primer coat

Last edited by wrp; 09-02-12 at 09:41 PM.

Working on a central console for the various switches. This is the first stab containing the LC1 calibration button and LED, The Line loc switch and the transbrake button.Will eventually incorporate the Nitrous switches and hope to steal Plumcrazy's idea to use one button on the shifter knob controlling either the transbrake or the line loc depending on how the toggle goes. Was thinking it would be cool to toggle a switch for the fans for cooling power between runs.

Transmission is in and welding complete on Roll Bar.

Very nice work!
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thanks, its getting very close to being done.