Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 Pontiac GTO!

Test fitted the interior back into the car today, Took some trimming on some of the panels. Also laid out the Simpson belts and began the installation of the fire suppression system.

Coming along nicely.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

The transmission is a month overdue, I am getting anxious

Hit a lick on the fire suppression system today. Got the underhood nozzles positioned and tightened down, the trunk nozzles and the passenger side. Next step is to get the bottle mounted and to finish the interior plumbing. Also need to paint the roll bar area as well.

Picked up a really cool Roll Bar mounting kit from Pegasus Racing. Fits the Firecharger fine. Also figured out this Firecharger System only supports a total of three nozzles with outlets for two lines. That means that I will have two nozzles in the Trunk/Fuel Cell zone and one nozzle in the cabin on me. Based on that I am going to install another pbttle to have two nozzles in the engine compartment with an additional one in the cab on me. I would like to figure out a cable pull system that would allow me to activate both bottles simultaneously. Anyone with ideas let me know.

As I am fixing the split seams on the front seat I also decided to begin the cleanup of the Roll Cage welding in the back. I am using brushed on Rustoleum Enamel this time, used enamel spray paint last time. First order of business was to clean up the welded areas, especially where the heat started rust. Had to wire brush off the old paint which was flaking. Took it down to bare metal as best as I could. I primerred it this afternoon and will paint it glossy black tomorrow.

Finished up the first part of the Fire Suppression. I have three zones; cabin, trunk/fuel cell, and engine compartment. Need to get another bottle to do The engine compartment and to put an extra nozzle in the cabin. Lines are run. At the end of this I will have two nozzles in the engine compartment, two in the cabin, and two in the trunk, Right now I have 2 in the trunk and 1 in the cabin. Finished up neater than I expected though replacing the paneling is going to be a fun time.

We are replacing the Steering Rack on the car and figured while we had it off might as well get the headers coated. These headers were 8 years old. I am pretty proud of the results.

Got the headers installed today, Didn't get time to put the steering rack in. Still have that to do. Have a guy going to redo my driver's seat Monday. All we need is some sign of life out of liberty and RPM.

Note the use of blood during the install, seemed to make things slide into place easier.

Changed the valve covers out today. Went with some I had worked on earlier.