Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: newbie

As you can tell I'm a new guy here and would like to get some help. I'm thinking of buying a 03'-04' cobra and would like to know if there are any problems with them or anything? What are some good mods for the car? Anything help would be greatly apperciated.

Brandyn

Platinum Award 
    Read this and you'll gain tons of info:

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Ok thanks for the link. There is alot of info but I have a few questions:

what is the difference between the Kenne Bell charger and the stock Eaton M112? When do you need to upgrade to the supercharger? In the link it said stock whp is around 350 or so can just and exhaust and cai really make it 450 whp or so? What are some other mods besides smaller upper pulley, long tube's, catback, tune, cai or rai, lower pullies. What is the rest when putting a smaller upper and a bigger lower pulley?

Brandyn

whipple and kenne bell are twin screw blowers. Eaton is a roots blower. Twin screws are more efficient and run cooler. With a 2.93 upper pulley, CAI, catback, catted x pipe and a custom tune I went 11.84 on drag radials. Long tubes are a waste of money. I guess it all depends on how fast you want the car to be.

For a stock Eaton I recommend just doing the upper pulley. If you have a ported Eaton then an upper and lower combo may be desired. I am not a big fan of lower pulleys as they require the removal of the factory pulley support. Many have no issues with lowers, but some have had crank problems. I run a 2.3L Whipple with a stock lower and a 2.75 upper.

The most important thing with a pulley swap is getting the car tuned by a professional. Bad tune = new motor.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Ok I dont really have a plan for the car if I buy one but it will go to the drag strip and auto-x. How much power can you make with the eaton blower? Also what would need to be done to the car if I put a smaller upper pulley on? I know for sure a tune but what else? I would like to keep the car on pump gas wwhat would be the limit of power of pump gas? I apperciate all the help you guys have given me. As you can till I dont know much about the cobra's but I do know you can make tons of power and I think they look great.

Power depends on many things. I went 11.84 on pump gas with a 2.93 upper exhaust and a CAI.
    I don't know what kind of power I made but I bet it was close to 450.

Ported Eatons with upper and lowers can make 500-550

Twin Screw Cars well over 600.

With a stock Eaton all you would need is tune. Fuel and MAF will support that.
    When you get to a ported Blower or Twin Screw then you are looking at needing a New MAF, 60lb Injectors, and Fuel Pump Upgrades or BAP.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

What is a BAP? Is a stock easton good for about 550whp?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkins04 View Post
    What is a BAP? Is a stock easton good for about 550whp?
    Kenne Bell Boost a Pump. It allows you to give the stock pumps more voltage. Thus Increasing the flow rates.

550 would be for a ported eaton. I don't know what a stock could put out. I would guess on pump gas 450 rwhp would probably be the limit.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

For what its worth I had a ported eaton for about a month. Then I got the Whipple 2.3L Twin Screw. I have been very happy since.

If you want to make big power skip the port and save the money for a Whipple.

I have been making the same power for 4 years. I went 10.88 with the stock IRS in the car with a 6 speed.

Solid Axle with the six speed 10.46

Now I have an Auto Th-400 in the car with a best of 10.15
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5