Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This would make my 2011 Shelby more fun!

Platinum Award 
    I'm weary of the lack of tunes out for this car so far. I think I'll wait and not be one of the first. Plus when the weather is nicer this will be more fun.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Take the car down to psr and let devin tune it. they have tuned mine and the tune is incredible for it. its the sct tune.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    Take the car down to psr and let devin tune it. they have tuned mine and the tune is incredible for it. its the sct tune.
    Yea, I wouldn't let anyone other than Devin tune my car. I spent a small fortune building my 03 Cobra 5.0 stroker with PSR back in 07-08, and it was nothing short of awesome. Car made great, safe power and was a blast to drive. I think it's why I'm not all that impressed with the power level of the Shelby. Not to mention nothing beats the sound of an 03 with LT's and full 3" exhaust with no cats!

I'm not going to do a pulley/tune on this car unless I swap blowers. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 750hp kit in the fall. In the meantime it looks like FRP finally has the springs released for the 2011, so I'm going to lower it and leave it alone till the blower goes on.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Ahh missing the 03 Cobra already.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

mike you should come by the shop next week will be getting a couple of the 4.0's,a 3.4 and 2.3 so you can take a look at all the differences

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Ahh missing the 03 Cobra already.
    I'll admit I do miss that car quite a bit. From a SOTP perspective the Shelby doesn't compare in stock form. The overall platforms between the two cars are MILES apart though. Makes me sort of think I should have kept the cobra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd2nunn View Post
    mike you should come by the shop next week will be getting a couple of the 4.0's,a 3.4 and 2.3 so you can take a look at all the differences
    If I stop by the shop next week, I'll end up spending $6k + on a blower, something I want to do this fall, in lieu of this week!! A visit to PSR, for anything other than an oil change and to drink beer, usually runs me around $5k a visit!

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Great Past Rides: