Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lambo doors???

Hybrid View

lambo doors???

has anyone had any run ins with installing lambo doors on their mustang? i am looking at putting them on my 2010 gt and was curious if anyone could recommend any pointers on how to make the install go smoother and easier. and also if you know of someone i should stay away from. thanks

jd

Check out Drew Brothers Customs out in Chandler. I have had work done there in the past and they do awesome work.

I have known a few people who have done this mod and to tell you the truth I would not waste money on this. The fit never comes out right and they tend to sag after time. I have seen a lot of Lambo doors on show cars, mosty imports and 300's, but never on a Mustang. Personally I would not do it, but it is your ride. If you are going to drop that kind of coin put it towards a tune or power adder or other body mod. Good luck!

Silver Award 
    Let me save you some grief and $$$. I have put "lambo" doors on a mustang. First you need to know that if this is going to be a show car ONLY, then you may like this mod, but if this is a everyday driver, you are going to be VERY unhappy. The best kit out there is vertical doors, they are made in the USA, good quality, stay away of anything else as they are made in china and just plain crap, your doors WILL fall off!

Now with that said, all these door kits have a main problem, when you go to shut the door, you must be sure the door is ALL the way down in the closing position, you can not put any pressure down on the door as you close it or any lift on the door, such as closing the door with your fingers under the latch. If you do, you are going to either, scratch or scrape or even break the latch, and believe me you WILL.

Ya, it looks cool, but let the imports do it, they have lighter doors, your's are heavy and are going to be VERY hard to line up and KEEP lined up.

Just like he said above, it's your car do what makes you happy, but this mod is not for a everyday driver and will only lead to grief, I know, because I have done it, I ended up selling that mustang, and I do NOT have lambo doors on my current mustang, I learned the hard way.

http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

I think wades got it right, every time I see a car with lambo doors I think "man what a waste of a car that could look good". that being said it's your car and your spending the money so do what ever you want. good luck
    2006 "Killer Bee" GT
    1/4 Mile ET 13.85 @ 101mph

My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdthompson View Post
    has anyone had any run ins with installing lambo doors on their mustang? i am looking at putting them on my 2010 gt and was curious if anyone could recommend any pointers on how to make the install go smoother and easier. and also if you know of someone i should stay away from. thanks

jd
    I think I saw you yesterday.

The Mist Mobile in the movie Kick-Ass had those doors. Good movie BTW.

Platinum Award 
    Yeah, Not a huge fan of the Lambo doors on a Stang... Like Keving said also if this is going to be your driver.... Pain in the Arsh!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

weld them shut cut the top off same effect lol

I kinda thought the Lambo Doors went out with Disco and polyester bell bottoms and moon roofs cut with sabre saws. I actually saw a guy that had them on a Corvette and about the third time he tried to close the door, it broke off.

RACER00

Lambo doors arent just for doors anymore!

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.