Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Killer Chiller

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Run a meth kit. It's proven. Actually going to buy my kit shortly.
    Now thats one thing Ive seen almost every Cobra owner hate on. Doesnt it have to be sprayed into the lower intake to be effective? Who makes an inexpensive kit? Well compared to a 50 shot
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Gold Award 
    Alky Control, it's expensive at $600. The people that hate on the meth kits are the ones who skimp on a solid kit and run windshield washer fluid. Alky Control runs straight meth, it's legit. You will need a retune as when it hits, it will make you run rich. I know a guy with the same setup as me running pump gas and 25psi of turbo boost no problem. I hate having to buy race fuel or torco just when I want to blip it once or twice on a tank of gas. So meth here I come. Bottom line, straight meth will cool your IAT2's down significantly.

Good read guys! I was considering the KC but my a/c is taking a beating as is with this heat so I'll look elsewhere.
    2000 Lightning - 13.57@103
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Yes the meth is proven however another proven thing is that when the pump goes out (that is not if it is when) and you just so happen to be in WOT then be prepared to spend some coin on a motor. You see Meth cools the combustion temps that way you can add more timing and when the pump fails as they fail quite often then all that timing is not good for the motor.. I agree with Gene if you are going to go this rout don’t waist time with a snow kit or a cheap brand then once you get a good system instead of meth run water you will find that it does wonders and when the pump quits it will only cause the tune to go rich thus protecting the motor even more. this has been my experience with all the above listed. If you don’t agree then that is fine. I have only posted my findings and lets pray you have better luck than what My self and so many others have had

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yes the meth is proven however another proven thing is that when the pump goes out (that is not if it is when)
    This is mainly what Ive been reading from other Cobra owners and why I never considered this mod. Hmmmm
    74 Bronco 302/C4

water injection works quite well but theere isno need on the 03-04 platform

Gold Award 
    The pumps take a shit when you run cheap ass washer fluid instead of straight meth. Pump failure can happen on fuel pumps too. You don't have to run more timing to get the benefit of a meth kit. I'm doing it because it's like running high octane fuel so I can crank my boost when i want to. Bottom line, you have to pay to play. You're only as fast as your wallet is fat. Gene

Why not run E85? Some guys are seeing 75rwhp over a race gas tune
    74 Bronco 302/C4

yes e85 works quite well

E85 is my next mod.