Thread: ABS Light On... HELP

ABS Light On... HELP

So my ABS light keeps going on and off. Sometimes when I let off the brake, the brake pedal "thumps" like it should when something is wrong with the ABS I assume. It happens more often when I turn and brake at the same time. I took it in to our family mechanic today and he couldn't pull any codes (the light went away, figures..) He says he thinks it may be the hydro-boost but isn't sure. He also said a power steering flush may help because it's all one unit? IDK...that's why I'm asking for help! Thank you!
    2001 GT Performance Red

Are you front and rear tires the same height? Power steering and ABS are different units.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

That system should store codes.. maybe he needs a better reader.. if you were closer I could throw my ngs on it.. and see what we get.. I doubt the hydro is involved..if the pedal is pulsating the ABS is activating...
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

pull the bulb hope for the best

I'm running 18x9 front and rear. He thinks it has to do with hitting something when I turn. Any recommendations I guess where I take it?
    2001 GT Performance Red

Could it be just a bad sensor?
    2001 GT Performance Red

could be...need to put a scanner on it..then you can see the pids and verify whats going on..
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

Silver Award 
    Sean, a fluid flush may help if your fluid looks all dark and to help eliminate any air that may be in the system (I'd do this more out of the fact that your car has a lot of miles on it now and a flush wouldn't hurt if you haven't done it in the last couple years. Doubt it'll cure anything though.

Anyways, is the peddle pulsing when the ABS light comes on or is it just a clunking sound you are are getting? Any more descriptions may help trace the issue down so if there's anything you can think of, post it up. Do you hear any noises out of the ordinary? Shoot me a text tomorrow if you want and I'll also look through my factory service manual if you'd like.
    ~Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Took it to Ford this morning because I guess they are the only ones that can pull that specific code. Had a bad rear wheel sensor.
    2001 GT Performance Red