Thread: Trade my 1967 Firebird 627 HP 622TQ for a 2003/04 Cobra ?

Trade my 1967 Firebird 627 HP 622TQ for a 2003/04 Cobra ?

Hello my name is Jon, I've owned my 1967 Firebird for 24 years and after driving my friends 2002 Mustang GT I fell in love with the handling of his car and went out and bought my own 2002 GT 2 years ago and it only had 26xxx miles on it at that time. Now I'm interested in taking the next step to a 03/04 Cobra lower milage and not too modded. If anyone is interested in my car cash or trade drop me an email firebirdace@aol.com and I'll get back to you asap. Thanks for looking and this is a great site for Mustang info !! 1967 Pontiac Firebird, 1973 455 CID built by Kauffman Racing Equipment who specialize in Pontiac engines. 627HP and 622TQ I have the Dyno sheet and Clean MA Title in hand. Engine has @ 275 miles and ONE trip down the 1/4 mile @ 10.90 at 125 MPH. I have owned this car for 24 years, I have EVERY RECEIPT. 1050 Domianator ,Edelbrock Alum Victor intake, Edelbrock "worked" Alum heads that flow @310 on the intake and 260 on the exhaust side, Alum valley pan, Alum water pump, Alum valve covers, Alum Be Cool radiator, Hedman 2 1/4 primary headers collect into 3 1/2 collectors with 3 inch mandel bent Alumanized full exhaust system, Flow Master 40 series 2 chamber mufflers. Comp Cams 620 lift 260 duration, 7/16 screw in studs with KRE Custom stud girdles, SRP pistons, Ross rods ,Moroso 8 QT.oil pan, Canton windage tray, SFI damper, FM bearings, double roller 9 way adjustable timing chain, MSD magnetic dist,K+N air filter, welded in frame connectors, rear sway bar, TH400 Prof. built tranny with trans brake, reverse manual valve body, TCI SFI flexplate, TCT stall convertor, trans cooler, oil filter relocation kit, C.E. traction J bars, Quick Silver Ratchet shifter, 1/2 fuel lines, Barry Grant 280HR fuel pump made for continueous running, runs on C12 racing fuel but I or you can install a Snow Performance Methanol-Water Injection Kit to run on pump gas or turn down the 38 degree's of timing and run a mix, 6 inch tachlight, (2) 850 CCA batterys in trunk in Moroso battery boxes, kill switch mounted at rear, 5/8 inch rear wheel studs, axle tubes are welded, posi 4.11's, Strange S/S axles with c-clip elim, Power disc front conversion kit from SSBC, adjustable brake bias valve, MSD 2 stage rev limiter, Crager S/S rims 10x15 and 8x15 and has a Viper alarm. Paint looks good from @ 15 feet and the interior needs attention= leaves some room to neg. Scale from 1 to 10 - Engine 12, Trans 12, Rear End 12, Paint 6.5, Interior 3, Sound 10, Fuel System 10, Elec. System 10, Brake System 10.

I have well over $40,000 of receipts for your viewing

This is not a car for the faint of heart or inexperienced driver

Made 626.8 HP @ 5900 rpm and 622.2 TQ @ 4400 rpm at the flywheel

The matching blue hood will go to the buyer Asking $19,500

I'm in no rush to sell just after 24 years with the same car I'm in the market for something different. Email firebirdace@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Very nice car.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Very nice car.
    Thank you, and right back at ya, low 10's and I bet you still have a\c. These Mustangs are really incredible, they can do so many things well. Being a newly converted Ford man I'm amazed with the aftermarket support and the sites and people that are more then willing to help each other. If I dont sell my Firebird I might look into a Kenne Bell 2.1L set up for my 02 GT.

Thanks again---HPS is one of those great sites !!

Quote Originally Posted by jkracing View Post
    Thank you, and right back at ya, low 10's and I bet you still have a\c. These Mustangs are really incredible, they can do so many things well. Being a newly converted Ford man I'm amazed with the aftermarket support and the sites and people that are more then willing to help each other. If I dont sell my Firebird I might look into a Kenne Bell 2.1L set up for my 02 GT.

Thanks again---HPS is one of those great sites !!
    I still have all the creature comforts except the rear seats.
    Stock Long Block / Whipple 2.3, 19 PSI
    I could push the car into the 9's, but I have no desire to full cage the car.
    You could always do a 03/04 cobra mod motor swap on the GT, but if it was me I would try my best to get an 03/04 cobra.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I guess I have to get used to not having to give up the creature comforts, as you can tell from the year of my car I'm old school and deleted the powersteering, heat\vent system, and anything else I thought was slowing me down wether it was weight or a drain on the engine. I got rid of the carpet and sound deadening insultation, I take the pass seat and back seat out when I wanted to go racing lol. An older engine combo I was running 12.01 and removed everything in my pockets and glovebox and thought of taking the side mirrors off to make a run for the 11's....didnt happen that day. Oh well I'm rambling here, hopefully I'll sell my car someday and find a 03/04 Cobra. In your travels you hear of anyone looking for a 10 second street\strip Firebird let me know, I'm flexible to a point on the price and damn it I want a Cobra!lol!

Gold Award 
    What state are you in presently in? and what states has the Firebird lived in since birth?

I'm in Massachusetts, I bought the car in 1986 from a bussiness in Mass that had taken it in as a trade from a man from Mass. I believe the man had owned this Firebird for "sometime" and the reason I say this is the salesman I bought the Firebird from said that the guy that traded it in was a friend and he didnt want the car sold to a young punk that would wrap the car around a tree....so I feel as he owned it long enough to care about it but just my thoughts, and like a great car salesman he sold it to me (in 1986) a young 18 year old long haired punk. So really to answer your question I have no idea where the car lived before September 1986 lol. Stangme if you dont mind me asking....why do you ask ?

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by jkracing View Post
    I'm in Massachusetts, I bought the car in 1986 from a bussiness in Mass that had taken it in as a trade from a man from Mass. I believe the man had owned this Firebird for "sometime" and the reason I say this is the salesman I bought the Firebird from said that the guy that traded it in was a friend and he didnt want the car sold to a young punk that would wrap the car around a tree....so I feel as he owned it long enough to care about it but just my thoughts, and like a great car salesman he sold it to me (in 1986) a young 18 year old long haired punk. So really to answer your question I have no idea where the car lived before September 1986 lol. Stangme if you dont mind me asking....why do you ask ?

I asked about what state you lived in for the feasabilty of checking out your Firebird to find out if you were in Arizona or near by. Since you are in Massachusetts, a trip to check it out is beyond my boundries. The state(s) you live(d) in and the states the Firebird has lived in would tell me what kind of climates the Firebird has endured such as snow, rain, dampness, humidity and salt that equals rust (cancer). I grew up in Michigan before enlisting in the USAF and seen what this kind of climate does to cars, more so the older ones. I had a 64.5 Mustang and a 68 Firebird that the Michigan winters destroyed bad... they were close to looking like cheese cloth before my father and I did surgery on them. I also picked up limited edition 69 Firebird while stationed in Las Vegas that was simply Bad A** that I regret I sold before going to England for a 4 year stint. I have a thing for the old Firebirds, and with my sons being into classic muscle cars as well, we have been discussing a ride we can tweek up and run that will be passed onto them when Pops is ready for the junk yard lol.

I see, I kinda thought it would have to do with the soundness of the frame\body. Since I had the bodywork and paint done in 1994 she has been stored indoors and since 2004 almost 24/7 just out to exercise her. I had the rear 1/4's, GM door skins, full trunk, and both front fenders replaced in 1994 frame is straight and solid, really has just been my weekend car for years and since buying my house in 2001 has rarely been out...once to the track (2004) were I ran the 10.90 @125 and they kicked me off because of no firejacket or roll bar, I've never been back but the 60' time for that run was a 1.67 and I asked the track manager if I could make some half passes because I had just traveled 100 miles to get to the track and only made one run and he said yes just no full passes and dont step on the brake so everyone didnt know what he was letting me do. Anyways after a few half passes I got the 60' down to 1.55 and that was the first time I had ever used a trans brake and two step (really really cool comes out like a shotgun) and I still have the $30 CE shocks and leaf springs in the back and was running on OLD Micky Thompson street slicks. So I believe there is still lower ET's in her...maybe 10.5's.@129/130mph. Seems like all the car sites I belong to are made up of people from west of the Mississippi, even Firebird Nation is all west coasters lol. I feel for you and the 69 Firebird getting away. When I was 20 I actually sold this Firebird to a 17 year old and a week later it was back in my drive way cause his parents said noooo way, it only had a 350P in it at that time but oh well everything happens for a reason I believe. Good luck on your search for a cool classic muscle car to tweek with your sons, right now is a great time to be a buyer, if your ever headed east look me up I'll probably still have my car lol, I'm in no rush to sell just hoping the clean, low milage, slightly modded Cobra's are still available when I do. P\S I am jealous of your weather because the older I get the less I like New England winters...too cold...too much snow....and too damn long !!