Thread: Blower is in.

Blower is in.

So after a long weekend the blower is in the car. It's the first time I have ever put one in and I believe the first time the guy who helped did as well(at least in a stang). Sadly we ran into some issues that prevented me from making it up to run on the dyno. We took our time and made sure it was right so in the end I'm very happy with the end result.

However......
    I'm not making full boost quite yet. I bought the car used so I was unaware that underdrives were on it. They sure look factory and without having looked at another one that we know is stock we installed the kit. It turns out that they are infact u/d's robbing some boost. All of the aftermarket ones I have seen as soon as you look at them you can tell they are aftermarket. But these did not, so I can only guess that maybe Ford makes a set of u/d's that appear the way these do. Have a friend with an '00 that grenaded his motor and the OEM pulleys are on it, so hopefully this afternoon we can switch em out and get my lost boost. Currently she's only seeing 4psi and it should be around 9-10 with my boost pipe, so we'll see.
    Dan
    The Fox is coming!

Thats cool.....hope everything works out for you....Who did your tune?
    PJ
    2003 Mineral Grey Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by MinGry03 View Post
    Thats cool.....hope everything works out for you....Who did your tune?

It's a Modular Powerhouse kit that came with a tune on the supplied SCT XCal2.
    Dan
    The Fox is coming!

sweeet

congrats man

hope u get those pullies fixed :)
    01 Mustang GT