Thread: V6 wheels

V6 wheels

I'm thinking of adding 20 inch wheels to my 2009 V6 mustang. Have a few concerns that maybe someone might know the answer.

Does adding the wheels change the mpg since the wheels will be extra weight?
    Do I need to change the suspension at all?
    Will I need to have the speedometer re-calibrated?
    Any other concerns that I haven't thought of that someone else experienced

Thanks in advance

Gold Award 
    Take a look at my 05 V6 photo gallery. I love them, not one problem!

I have 20's on my 07 GT, I dont really notice the difference in gas but it will throw the speedometer off, i have suspension on mine so im not sure how they tuck on a factory set up. If you want to see what it looks like look below at my signature ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rdrumm View Post
    Take a look at my 05 V6 photo gallery. I love them, not one problem!

Where is the gallery at? Also how do you re-calibrate the speedometer if it needs to be done?

Platinum Award 
    I added 20's to mine too,and noticed speedo is off too. But not enough to really matter. Seeing some of the radar signs that show yer speed,it was hardly different.(less than 5 mph)18's came with the car.

Gold Award 
    My photo gallery is here at members photo gallery! Same name, check it out. It's old photos, added more stuff, fog lamps (Ellenor)!
    Outside Diameter of the 20's (wheel and tire) are the same, so spedo is no issue. Just get the tire place to look it up!
    There are tables to look it up! Not a problem, you will love them!

Gold Award 
    I get compliments on the car almost every day...still... the wheels are the first thing we do... because that's what we do!
    I added supension additions too. Handiling is so great, I would do it. Just watch out for pot holes!

well you can have the speedometer re-calibrated through a programmer or have it re-programmed, had mine recalibrated through the sct handheld i picked up from american muscle. I dunno how big of a difference there is i know when i put the drag radials on and ran down the track i noticed it was off by quite a bit. And if you do add 20's i would highly recommend some suspension upgrades.