Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SafeWay Cruise 6/19/10

I will reply with this...While it is true that everyone has an "right to an opinion", there are some things that should never be said on this board. If we hold to a "right to an opinion" on this board, then my cyber-self would had been shown the door out of this place a long time ago by the administrator. I don't know for sure if the intent was some, or most, or all "old school guys" being "pain in the asses." The way it is written I understand it to be all and I don't appreciate being placed into a defamatory categorization. Lets try not to demean any class of car or truck enthusiasts...we are in this together and considering the conditions of this day and the circumstances of the future, we better stand together.
    Oh wow I'm sorry that you took that wrong or I hurt your feelings. But yes we are here for the same reason, but some people are just stupid and wont be tolerated by me. For example stupid people that think they know everything, old crabby guys that think they are the only ones that should show because they have an old car and bought it that way, and dumbass honda kids. Either way I'm out to have fun and hangout, and talk cars with everyone no matter the car or year if its a nice ride I love it. So if those guys with their cars don't want the newer Mustangs there then you guys should go somewhere else for a bit and leave the show up to the what 10 or so of them to put on.

I went thumping by in the blue Ram tonight and I really hate to say this, but it looks to me it's a wrap! Understand this is strictly my opinion. However knowing 83rd has unwanted chaperons (Peoria Police) and comparing it with the crowd over 67th and Bell...??? Weeeeell.....

Shame too!!! 83rd has better lighting, better choice of food, better means of egress.

yes it was even worse than last weekend. which i didnt think was possible. there was barely anyone there. now its pretty much just a mustang gathering and not many others. maybe in the coming weeks i will check out the other show and see how it is doing.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

i will still go to safeway. mustangs 4 life.

Okay...So at this moment I am wrong about 83rd being a wrap. Few more cars there tonight. Not a bad turn-out. Not a great one either. Afterwards I ventured over to 67th and Bell. Again, not a bad turn-out.

SO! Is there anybody here, that is in the know, as to why there are two cruise nights within a blip of a throttle? Is it because everyone over 83rd prefers Chinese food vs. everyone off of 67th preferring Mexican? In a sense it seems...foolish! Did I miss something here?

I'll admit, I don't go to cruise nights when the day promotes heat stroke. I found time tonight to take the 68 to a photo shoot. I figured since I was "Out and About" I would check both places out. This is the reason I am at a loss here.

I've been going to 83rd for about 6 years, why quit now? Besides that the bluelight special car show has nothing good enough for me to swich. 83rd has Sardellas + Panda + Rameros + simply blimpie and that Italian place around the corner.
    http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

83rd has been around longer and is a much better venue for a cruise, no host, no adjendas and no BS. Along with more eating options, no DJ to talk around and the general feeling that there is no one trying to make money and the like make 83rd just plain more laid-back. You have a choice....is that all bad. If you want to know why they are so close....ask the persons running the one on Bell Rd, they are the come lately bunch.

RACER00

I prefer the 87th cruise its laid back and has nice people as for the amount of cars its still summer monsoon season and oh ya the heat
    when fall and the nice weather sets in it will be packed and as far as cruises go there are always a few on friday and saturday nights
    its called freedom of choice

why is that foolish? It seems to me that having two cruise spots is fine (I support the panda/safeway cruise). Some of us would'nt give up the safeway spot with out a fight because we chose to not to give up, be followers and go to the bluelight cruise while others did and now we enjoy our drama free/police free(no offence) cruise. I have to say it might be for the best knowing that there are two seperate spots with different types of car guys and gals, the ones who go out to cruise for the fun, cars, and people and the ones who go to out for the "show". Of course this doesn't describe all of the people at either of the cruise ins and is not meant to be disrespectful to anyone who attends any cruise in but is just my general observation of the two.

That being said you (CCStang) wrote your self way you liked the safeway (now panda) cruise and that also is a reason alot of us are still there.
    2006 "Killer Bee" GT
    1/4 Mile ET 13.85 @ 101mph

My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks