Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SafeWay Cruise 6/19/10

ill finally be there this weekend!! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Jodaddy View Post
    ill finally be there this weekend!! =D
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

Looks like another new guy coming into town this Sat. and I will be showing up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wades GT View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shut up i havent been there in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Jodaddy View Post
    shut up i havent been there in a while
    http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

Platinum Award 
    I just dont understand... The classic, Hot rod Gang are cool people and spend money they do.. It just doesnt make sense to push people away especially now! Mesa just anounced that every 3rd Friday they are going to close main street down completely and have a free show every month!!!I think they are finally getting it.. "Theres money in them thare Hot Rods!"
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Safeway just doesn't want to be liable if something should happen in their parking lot. The other businesses know that without the show there its another day without money. That's why they are fighting so hard for the cars to be there.

Just got back from the safeway cruise and the place was an absolute ghost town. there was MAYBE 40 cars and a good 15 of them were mustangs. so if it wasnt for us showing up it would be completely dead. The police actually had a HUGE chunk of the safeway parking lot blocked off so you could only park in maybe 3 or 4 rows. it was ashame to see it that way. And i do realize that its rediculously hot and a threat of a little rain tonight but that never stopped people last year.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

83RD AND LAKE PLEASANT PARKWAY (FORMERLY SAFEWAY) CRUISE NITE IS NOT DEAD! The center section in front of what was Safeway was blocked off, however there are about 200 parking spaces on either side of that and also the adjoining parking lots are still availible. Peoria PD said that people can park in the former Safeway space if their there for other reasons???. PPD did "NOT" ask anyone to move their cars from the "restricted area" last night. We now know where the line has been drawn, at some point the persons who "PAID" PPD to be there will loose interest (and money) and when the fall comes and more people turn up things will be OK. The businesses still have a lot of say here and will continue to press for the cruise. These are the facts.

RACER00

Platinum Award 
    Great info Rick

Thanks!

-Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org