Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SafeWay Cruise 6/19/10

Hybrid View

It's pretty dead compared to if you go to 67th and Bell, just a 5 min. drive away. We left Safeway after saying hi to everyone and went there and there was a good amount of cars, 60+, and a DJ playing oldies and a good mix of music. Didn't look like the heat had to much of an affect on that showing. Also you guys are dealing with another problem, I guess the old school guys are getting a little upset that the newer Mustangs are there. So now you have to deal with those pain in the asses......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse04 View Post
    ... I guess the old school guys are getting a little upset that the newer Mustangs are there. So now you have to deal with those pain in the asses......
    Whoops! Wrong thing to say!

sounds like all the usuals went there instead =(

yea i heard about some people kind of complaining that all the new stangs were there. i dont no why it matters if we have new stangs, i think were all there for the same reason. to hang out, and have a good time. at least were not a bunch of ricers taking over. lol.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

I was the one that one of the Chevy guys made the comment about the new Mustangs (and Camaros and Corvettes) and he has the right to an opinion. My reply was that if not for them this cruise would be shut down. Some people just don't get it. And about the other cruise, OK, but we can have a peaceful conversation and don't have to make room for vendors. Cruisers have choices, this is one of them.

RACER00

Platinum Award 
    Well your gonna get folks like that, but IMO if you are a true Car Guy/Gal then it shouldnt matter, old new cool is cool..
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

yea i heard about some people kind of complaining that all the new stangs were there. i dont no why it matters if we have new stangs, i think were all there for the same reason. to hang out, and have a good time. at least were not a bunch of ricers taking over. lol.
    I completely agree with you!

yea i can really care less what cars are there. i personally love seeing all the old cars around. im just there to hang out and of course go over to Sardellas! lol.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Ok...Now that I had some time to cool down over the following quote:

I guess the old school guys are getting a little upset that the newer Mustangs are there. So now you have to deal with those pain in the asses......
    generically engineered to be followed by:

the right to an opinion
    I will reply with this...While it is true that everyone has an "right to an opinion", there are some things that should never be said on this board. If we hold to a "right to an opinion" on this board, then my cyber-self would had been shown the door out of this place a long time ago by the administrator. I don't know for sure if the intent was some, or most, or all "old school guys" being "pain in the asses." The way it is written I understand it to be all and I don't appreciate being placed into a defamatory categorization. Lets try not to demean any class of car or truck enthusiasts...we are in this together and considering the conditions of this day and the circumstances of the future, we better stand together.

Gold Award 
    Right on Buddy!!!!! I second the motion that we all stand together, There's no Old, there's no young, There's no CHICKS, THere's no Black, White, Green, purple, Blue, Yellow People. We are all the same and we bleed the same color blood when we are cut dont we? So stop all this bickering and lets enjoy the whole reason we are all on this forum hmmmm. THE LOVE OF THE MUSTANG AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCStang View Post
    Ok...Now that I had some time to cool down over the following quote:

generically engineered to be followed by:

I will reply with this...While it is true that everyone has an "right to an opinion", there are some things that should never be said on this board. If we hold to a "right to an opinion" on this board, then my cyber-self would had been shown the door out of this place a long time ago by the administrator. I don't know for sure if the intent was some, or most, or all "old school guys" being "pain in the asses." The way it is written I understand it to be all and I don't appreciate being placed into a defamatory categorization. Lets try not to demean any class of car or truck enthusiasts...we are in this together and considering the conditions of this day and the circumstances of the future, we better stand together.