Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 procharged GT overheating

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Post up a picture of the distraction. LOL

I would suggest taking a video clip of the blower noise and send it over to procharger to see what they have to say.
    Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll have to do that.

I'll see what I can do with the pics haha

Took it to the dealer. At first they were worried about hooking up the diagnostic machine to it with all the mods the car has, cause they thought it would wipe the PCM. Got over that hurdle, went and ran some other errands, and when I came back it was good to go. They just swapped out the fuse and didn't charge me anything. It's not under warranty and that wasn't even the dealer I got it from. My lucky day I guess. Hopefully the fuse doesn't blow again, but I'm thinking about installing a secondary fan with a switch on my dash/console so I can have a backup, and with AZ's temps that might be a good idea anyway.

Cool. Glad it all worked out.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

So three months later it's time for round 2. Overheated a couple nights ago, and it's not just a fuse this time. It might just be the ProCharger fan is just poor quality, or AMP jacked up the wiring. The fan is not coming on at all, and when it gets to the temperature that it should kick on, the fuse blows. Gonna drive it while it's cool in the morning to the base and start taking the front end apart to investigate it further. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Woody627 View Post
    So three months later it's time for round 2. Overheated a couple nights ago, and it's not just a fuse this time. It might just be the ProCharger fan is just poor quality, or AMP jacked up the wiring. The fan is not coming on at all, and when it gets to the temperature that it should kick on, the fuse blows. Gonna drive it while it's cool in the morning to the base and start taking the front end apart to investigate it further. =/
    If you can't get it figured out take it to Devin at PSR Tuning.

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind. Not sure how I'd get it there though, as I'm in Tucson. Someone needs to open a shop here!

Platinum Award 
    kinda sounds like a bad fan motor. if right when its suppose to kick on, and the fuse pops, the motor is drawing too many amps (indicating it is bad)

this is why i love having the power probe III and a dmm at all times lol

http://www.etooldirect.com/power-pro...ource=googleps

pick one up, good thing to have around :)
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph