Thread: Tire/Rim

Tire/Rim

What is the biggest tire you can put on a 99-04 body mustang? I have a 2000 GT and want to keep the stock rims and put a 315 tire on them. Anyone know of any places that widen wheels? And will i have to roll fenders or anything to fit the 315?

if your looking to widen your wheels, weldcraftwheels.com is the way to go. I have seen their work with new gt500 stock wheels that they widened to 11.5". I believe he paid about $500 to have them widened and it took about 2 weeks. I am not sure about the fitment though for the 99-04 but he did not need to roll the fenders. you may want to contact weld craft and talk to them about it. oh and he was running 325 in the rear.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

plenty of people running 10.5" and 10" wide wheels with 315 or 305 tires without having to roll fenders. As long as the wheels keep the correct back space.

Stock 5 stars widened, why? those things are horrid looking. Cheaper just to buy a new set of 17" wheels.

I run 315 tires on my car and i didnt have to roll my fenders.
    2002 Mustang GT
    Bassani o/r and cat back
    3.73 gears
    Procharger P1-SC
    AZDC Tuned

just a dd...and want to keep the stock look. but needs some bigger meats. i dont think the 5 stars look all that bad