Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *My Bad A$$ Eaton Build*

*My Bad A$$ Eaton Build*

Hey guys, new on this forum. Some people might know who I am from other places. Anyway I put together this thread to show you what I did all winter long.

Last year in September I completely broke my t-56 to pieces. Broke the main shaft in half and split the case wide open. My best time before that happened was a 10.54@129, 1.38 60' on just the Eaton. My goal by the end of the year was to make a 9 second pass with nitrous. Obviously didnt happen.

So this year I am trying to go 9's without nitrous and still bang gears. So Ive been workin my butt off this winter to put together what hopefully will do it. It will take a lot of work and fine tuning, but it should be pretty close.

Anyway Ill get to some pics and add some description along the way...

Starting off with the demolished transmission from last year. This was a built t-56 by the way also. 26 spline input, solid keys blah blah blah

After that happened the car was parked and put up on jack stands. The trans was out so I decided to go forward with my weight reduction by removing the heater core assembly. Which by the way weighed close to 20lbs with everything on the scale.

While I was at it I pulled the motor out so it would be easier to work on the car. For the later manual brakes and steering components.

This by the way was my spec stage 2+ clutch which got abused from day one with about 75 track passes on it and it still held good and looked good also.

The first thing I started on was installing was the new brake system. I chose to go with strange brakes because I have heard the least complaints with their system. I got the strange pro drag brakes all the way around and the strange master cylinder. Its the 1.125 bore big block cylinder. The big block version moves the whole assembly about a 1/2 inch over to the drivers side so youll have more clearance for the engine. which I am glad I got because it would of been tight.

Here are some of the tools I used to plumb the lines. I chose to use single flare AN fittings because personally for me they are easier to deal with.

Here are the fronts installed

I made mounting tabs for the bulkhead fittings for the transition from the hard line to the braided line to the caliper so the joint would be solid.

Also threw a line lock from hurst in the mix

Here are the rears installed on the freshly rebuilt 8.8. I chose to go with the late big ford 9" ends to fit the brake setup. Got new strange 33 spline axles w/ lightened flanges and 5/8 studs. New lightweight spool and FRPP 4.10 gear set.

The time came where i decided to go with a different trans. I went to Promotion to have them put together a TKO 600 for me. I got all the goodies in this bad boy. Faceplated, 5th gear delete, cryo'd, etc etc...I ended up getting their hi clamp clutch setup and a QT SFI bellhousing and new cross member

This is the girdle that clamps to the front of the trans housing to make it stronger

While the motor was out I decided to install the new Meziere electric water pump since I was no longer going to have a back belt.

After i assembled the trans to the engine outside of the car I put it in as one piece and was fairly easy to install that way

Now I moved on do tackling little things, for example actually having a working kill switch this year lol.
    I got an open battery mount from Aerospace Engineering so I had to fab up a new mount for the kill switch.

I used all welding cable to do this install because of the fliexabilty it has over regular battery cable. I started to make the rear electrical panel that housed all the fuses, relays, power supply, starter solenoid and breakers.

I also used feed through studs to run my cable up to the front of the car.
    In the pic below you can see my delete panels i made for the heater core

I decided to ditch the stock gas tank and go with a 5 gal fuel cell from Chiseled Performance. I have to say this cell is a quality piece. I has -8 vent and retrurn lines and a -12 outlet.

Since I had the cell of course I had to do a return setup so I went with a full Weldon setup. Got the 2015 pump, filters and regulator. For my line i went with fragola and red horse fittings.

Bracket I made for the pump

I used this neat little guy to run the -12 line out the back of the car to the pump. then ran the rest of my lines for the fuel system.

Here is the routing i chose for the supply and the return line.

Since the TKO 600 is a shorter trans I had to get a new Driveshaft since no one makes a spacer for the cobra flange. I turned to Dynotech for a new aluminum one. Awesome piece! fit with no issues at all.

I was sick of my Metco safety loop so I purchased a Lakewood one instead and I have to say I like the Lakewood one a lot better.

Keep getting new goodies in the mail.
    MSD 2step

Strange 10 way shocks

MGW shifter

New race bullet mufflers

new MM steering shaft, i went with a flaming river rack for a fox body since i switched to fox spindles so the rack has to be shorter.

JLT carbon fiber RAI

New lower control arms, moroso catch can and misc. switches and stuff.

here are the switches for my IC pump, Water pump and Fuel pump. The line lock is on the console

Here is part of the electrical panel behind the dash that houses the MSD 2 step and relays, fuses etc..

Used another grommet in my firewall to pass all the wires through and for the 2 step harness.

Got a new Dragon TB and PL and a new port job done on the blower. Also installed billetflow pullies

Oil catch can installed

I insulated my IC box to see if it would aid in cooler IAT2's, we'll see

New exhaust is hung

Also welded in the ARB i got from Team Z and a fresh coat of paint on the rear end and new upper control arms installed

Since I have a fuel cell in the trunk of course I have to have it sealed off so i purchased a new rear seat delete kit and it turned out real well.

Interior mostly in.

Here is pretty much how the car sits now. Its about 90% completed. There is also more that I havent mentioned, Like switching to a wet nitrous kit and more that I cant think of right now lol. I will be adding more periodically. Sorry for the LONG post. Hope you enjoy for now!

Welcome to the site. I too went down the T-56 carnage path. When Th-400 and now the car goes down the track with no broken parts.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thanks, yeah hopefully everything works well this year. Dont want anymore broken parts, but it always happens lol

LOL. Broken parts keep the economy moving.

A trip down burntire memory lane.
    http://www.highperformancestangs.com...nage+reduction
    http://www.highperformancestangs.com...ht=ram+carnage

Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

whos axle were you running when it sheared?

Moser 31 spline. They bent, but never broke.
    I am running a new set of moser 31 spline now with a trutrac.
    I am braced up also.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    The UPS/ FedX guys must know yer address by heart now !!

yeah i must of got a 100 boxes lol