Hey guys, new on this forum. Some people might know who I am from other places. Anyway I put together this thread to show you what I did all winter long.

Last year in September I completely broke my t-56 to pieces. Broke the main shaft in half and split the case wide open. My best time before that happened was a 10.54@129, 1.38 60' on just the Eaton. My goal by the end of the year was to make a 9 second pass with nitrous. Obviously didnt happen.

So this year I am trying to go 9's without nitrous and still bang gears. So Ive been workin my butt off this winter to put together what hopefully will do it. It will take a lot of work and fine tuning, but it should be pretty close.

Anyway Ill get to some pics and add some description along the way...

Starting off with the demolished transmission from last year. This was a built t-56 by the way also. 26 spline input, solid keys blah blah blah

After that happened the car was parked and put up on jack stands. The trans was out so I decided to go forward with my weight reduction by removing the heater core assembly. Which by the way weighed close to 20lbs with everything on the scale.

While I was at it I pulled the motor out so it would be easier to work on the car. For the later manual brakes and steering components.

This by the way was my spec stage 2+ clutch which got abused from day one with about 75 track passes on it and it still held good and looked good also.

The first thing I started on was installing was the new brake system. I chose to go with strange brakes because I have heard the least complaints with their system. I got the strange pro drag brakes all the way around and the strange master cylinder. Its the 1.125 bore big block cylinder. The big block version moves the whole assembly about a 1/2 inch over to the drivers side so youll have more clearance for the engine. which I am glad I got because it would of been tight.

Here are some of the tools I used to plumb the lines. I chose to use single flare AN fittings because personally for me they are easier to deal with.

Here are the fronts installed

I made mounting tabs for the bulkhead fittings for the transition from the hard line to the braided line to the caliper so the joint would be solid.

Also threw a line lock from hurst in the mix

Here are the rears installed on the freshly rebuilt 8.8. I chose to go with the late big ford 9" ends to fit the brake setup. Got new strange 33 spline axles w/ lightened flanges and 5/8 studs. New lightweight spool and FRPP 4.10 gear set.

The time came where i decided to go with a different trans. I went to Promotion to have them put together a TKO 600 for me. I got all the goodies in this bad boy. Faceplated, 5th gear delete, cryo'd, etc etc...I ended up getting their hi clamp clutch setup and a QT SFI bellhousing and new cross member

This is the girdle that clamps to the front of the trans housing to make it stronger