Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camsssss

Camsssss

ok finally saved enough to get cams most likely gettin stage 1 cuz dont want to change gears

so should i stick to my idea with stage 1 or shuld i get stage 2 also does anyone in az no who can install them so many places scared of the 3Vs

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Forget the gams and get the gears.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

i would honestly say forget the cams. when its all said and done you will likely be spending around 3 grand. theres better mods out there. as stated before, gears = AWESOME! or go with a pulley and a tune. spending around 3 grand for only 20-25hp isnt really the best deal. talk to PSR theyve installed tons of cams in the 3v stangs. but imho cams wont be the best bang for your buck.

we just got a set of long tube headers and catted x pipe and once we get it tuned we will pick up around 30-40hp in the gt500. they respond well to those mods. talk to PSR though and they could guide you were to spend the money wisely.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

I can think of better things to invest in then cams

Emelio stop in sat.27th sanderson ford super ford show
    see me have a chat

Not sure why everyone is saying a big 'no' 'no' about the cams....but I think its the best thing I ever did on my mustang - I had the comp cams mutha thumpr's NSR installed and I love them ( I really like the thump plus it really go's....) .....I started with exhaust - 'shorties' cause of AZ's emissions (I can switch it back to the stock H-pipe) and an off road H w/cherry bombs welded in .....CAI plus a breenspeed tune and it F-n flys - ....my costs were only $500 for the install and 1000 for the cams and phasers ....do what I did....I had PSR price it - and yes it's like $3k +++- but just find a seasoned Ford tech with a history of cam installs - my fleet manager at San Tan 'hooked' me up .....he 'snuck' it in on a saturday - while I painted the valve covers ......old ford blue .....and it runs fantastic ....

it does sound good! what kind of hp and torque gains did you get? and what did it set you back?

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

I was going to do cams, but after some research and the cost involved I decided on a supercharger instead. Don't get me wrong I love the sound of cams, but to only get 30 - 40 more horses I figured the cost far outweighed the return.

I say go for it. Be different and if it is what you have saved up for then i would assume you know by now what you are getting into. I know when i save i find out every detail because i get to anxious. This is my opnion tho. Be different and make it yours. Hp is a +1 in my book but sound is where it's at when it comes to cams. and thats what makes it sound B.A>

I agree -
    I mean I love the mutha cams in my car - b/c I love the 'sound' of the 'old school' 'lump de lump' .....as far as cost and power ......all said and done .....it ran me about $1,500.00 total + another $1,000.00 for the CAI/tune/exhaust - I haven't dyno'd the car yet - I have a set of 4:10's sitting on my work bench ready to go in (so maybe after that... a dyno pull?!?) - those cams 'sat' as well for a time (had fun with just the 'shorties' and H-pipe for awhile (no tune needed) saving $$ - I researched the 'poop' out of them and the install of everything ......

- ....from a 'feeling' stand point ....the car probably has gained at least 30 to 40 hp.....along the w/exhaust and CAI / tune - it pulls hard -sideways w/o hardly standing up on the pedal - chrips all gears .... a supercharger is pretty cool too - but I have no experience w/them - ....it's all with what you want .....and can afford ...my wife is still digging 'shallow' graves for me in the backyard....won't ride in the car w/me......she said it's too frigg-n loud and obnoxious....I tell her...hey....that was the whole point......???