Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhra

Nhra

So how many of you guys went to the race on sunday?

Rain on and off all day long but ended up getting a good days worth of racing in. Basically soon as the day started the Matco Tools Top Fuel dragster crashed and sent a tire flying into the crowd. it struck a woman and the woman was airlifted to a local hospital. At the hospital she was pronounced dead. A sad beginning to a fun day at the drags. I dont know if anyone on here was near the debris flying but i know wade and shawn were about 30 from the tire when it was flying around. Im hoping everyone else is ok.

John Force was just dominating all day long. he will run in the final round along with the top fuel final round monday morning due to the time curfue.

Anyone else have stories from the drags please share them.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

The rain totally discouraged me from making the drive over there. I wish I had went to check it out...I have yet to see some top fuel/funny cars run down the strip.

That was such a wild accident. We were at the end of p18 where the wall is short and there is no fence on the wall. The tire hit the wall infront of us and then went into the tables at the end. I didn't see the poor lady get hit as I was still watching all the debris still comming our way. Shawn saw the tire go in the crowd and bounce over the trailers.

I have a ton of pictures of the whole day of racing that I'll post when I get home tonight. I was way too tired to put the pics on last night.
    http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger00 View Post
    The rain totally discouraged me from making the drive over there. I wish I had went to check it out...I have yet to see some top fuel/funny cars run down the strip.
    It's awesome.

http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

I was there in section P5. That was a crazy crash and unfortunate result for the fan.
    I don't think delaying the final had anything to do with the temperature or darkness as stated by the announcer. It was probably related to the death of the fan.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I went friday to the qualifying and it was the first time I have ever watched the big dogs. It was awesome! I cant believe how loud those things are! and the smell reminds me of my R/C car lol I cant wait to go again.
    2003 SRT4 12.29@109.36 SOLD
    2003 Cobra 12.00@119 SOLD

2004 Cobra vert 12.05@118
    -intake, exhaust, pulley

2007 Mustang GT 13.66@102
    -JLT CAI
    -Bama tune
    -JBA axle back

Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

yea that a very sad incident. and postponing it probably did have something to do with them finding out about the death. cause they saying the curfue was at 7pm. that seems really early for a curfue especially for it being on an indian reservation.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Wow i heard about the crash on the radio but WOW. THink anyone followed the tire with their camera phone? Sad. Hope her family is doing ok