Thread: Quick ? on MIL Eliminators

Quick ? on MIL Eliminators

I just put a bbk offroad x pipe on my 2000 GT a month ago... the check engine light came on and I know it was because I didnt have MIL's on the vehicle yet. They go on the rear sensors correct? and is that check engine light a hard code that will be stored in the system and need to be erased with an OBD 2 machine, should it turn off when the MIL's are plugged in, or will simply disconnecting the battery and reconnecting turn the light off once they are installed. I connected the MIL's today and the light was still on.. disconnected the battery and reconnected and it was off but i dont know if the light will come back on.

Thanks for any input

-Steve

the disconnect of the battery will clear the code and the KAM (keep alive memory) al that means is you'll need to drive it for a bit to clear a the OBD2 monitors before you go out and smog it.. if you don't have to smog it.. then your good to go..

sweet thanks... also will i need this catted h-pipe ever again? do they look under cars for cats at emissions stations

If you have the room I'd keep it you never know..unless you make your mind up to just have to buy a used one if you ever do.. i got the space so I got mine.. of al my cars...

Keep it you never know when you might need it.
    04 Laser Red 5-Speed GT Mods:
    BBK Plenum * BBK 75mm T/B * BBK Cold Air Kit * H&R Drop Springs * Steeda Tri-ax Shifter * UPR C/C Plates * MAC O/R H * Flowmaster Mufflers * Diablosport Tuner * NGK TR-6 Plugs