Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air intake

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
    Sux about the re-tune on the new cars... never heard of that before.
    There was an article in either 5.0 or MM&FF back when they first came out. Has something to do with the mass air being inside of the stock air box if I remember correctly.

If you want to save money BBk's intake for the 05-07 cars is the only one on the market that dosent need a tunner.

CAI (cold air intakes) do help a little in the 99-04 models. Not really noticable. I hear in the '05+ cars it helps more.

DO NOT fall for the things that claim to turn the air creating a vortex in the intake tube thus flowing more air. They are a joke. They are called Turbonators and Tornados. Waste of money. All they do is impede air flow into your engine.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

For a nice little mod to start out with, that shows results in both Hp and Mpg and actually will help prolong the life of your accessories (Alt / Water Pump), why not just pop on a 3 pc. underdrive pulley set?

I had them on my '98 Gt and '01 Cobra for many, many miles and loved them.

Gold Award 
    For a nice little mod to start out with, that shows results in both Hp and Mpg and actually will help prolong the life of your accessories (Alt / Water Pump), why not just pop on a 3 pc. underdrive pulley set?

I had them on my '98 Gt and '01 Cobra for many, many miles and loved them.
    What he also told me was that by doing this my 6c would be fast like a 8c, He said that some of the 4c rice burners out there have done it and they act like 6c's. What is this set your talking about, remember I have not really had a beefy car and am still learning all about this. But so want to learn. Do they have classes for this sort of thing, If not they should for sure hehe. Tanks

Quote Originally Posted by stillsingle93 View Post
    What he also told me was that by doing this my 6c would be fast like a 8c, He said that some of the 4c rice burners out there have done it and they act like 6c's. What is this set your talking about, remember I have not really had a beefy car and am still learning all about this. But so want to learn. Do they have classes for this sort of thing, If not they should for sure hehe. Tanks
    If he told you that, I would not let him put one on your car. Only a moron would make a statement like that!

What he also told me was that by doing this my 6c would be fast like a 8c.
    I agree with Viper, this guy is laying a heavy sales pitch on you. There will be gains, but not enough to even feel in the seat of your pants after the install.

In regards to learning, it's just a lot of reading. Hit the technical sections and ask questions. Most are more than happy to share thier experiences and knowledge. That's the great thing about internet forums like this.

Not too many years ago, it would take someone alot of time, money and experimentation on thier own to find the correct combination of parts to make something work. Now, you just need to find a credible source (those that have actually done it) and read up. It's also easier to seperate the quality shops who are honest and trustworthy vs. those who are just trying to make a buck off you.

Gold Award 
    I agree with Viper, this guy is laying a heavy sales pitch on you. There will be gains, but not enough to even feel in the seat of your pants after the install.

In regards to learning, it's just a lot of reading. Hit the technical sections and ask questions. Most are more than happy to share thier experiences and knowledge. That's the great thing about internet forums like this.

Not too many years ago, it would take someone alot of time, money and experimentation on thier own to find the correct combination of parts to make something work. Now, you just need to find a credible source (those that have actually done it) and read up. It's also easier to seperate the quality shops who are honest and trustworthy vs. those who are just trying to make a buck off you.

Tanks for the advice darlin, You guys have been fantastic already. I will need to get a second job to afford the goodies for my baby hehe. Hope to see ya tomorrow hun hugs T

Gold Award 
    Tanks for the advice darlin, You guys have been fantastic already. I will need to get a second job to afford the goodies for my baby hehe. Hope to see ya tomorrow hun hugs T

Ohh scratch the seeing ya tomorrow night lol, thought you were here in AZ rofl

Well, save them hugs up. Hopefully PMachy and I can run out for the upcoming Club Trackday Event and meet everyone!