Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to troubleshoot high RPM hesitation

I think its some what known to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by Stangme View Post
    I have a 2006 Mustang GT (auto trans) in which I jumped on it while on the highway and it sputtered like it was loosing and then regaining power as if it was running on the last fumes in the gas tank. It does not do this repeatedly when I try again during the same trip or every time later that I jump on it, just periodically and I could not find any problems with it, nor could the dealership duplicate it. Not sure what the cause is... if you get any answers on yours, let me know as it may be the same with mine
    Finally got the car fixed. It was the intercooler pump. Took me awhile because I bought it off Ebay so with the auction timeframe and shipping I just got the pump in yesterday.

Took the car for a test run and it runs hard but I think I will have to do the pprv delete like Luis stated.

Stangme, I'm not sure we have the same problem. My car never lost and regained power. It ran like it was only on 4 cylinders instead of 8. Not sure if my facts are straight, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the car goes into "limp mode" when the IAT's get too high to keep from hurting the motor. PM me if you don't understand what I'm saying because half the time I don't understand what I'm saying! LOL
    2000 Lightning - 13.57@103
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Yes it will pull a shit load of timing when IAT2 gets too hot on your cobra.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5