Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to troubleshoot high RPM hesitation

we have almost the same mods

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    It's colder out now and there is a temp switch in the tune. Warm it up and see if it kicks on. If not don't go into WOT until you get it fixed.
    Just got done checking plugs and there fine. Ran motor for awhile to see if the intercooler pump would kick on and it never did.
    2000 Lightning - 13.57@103
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    we have almost the same mods
    I was gonna go a different route but a friend of mine got his girl pregnant and had to unload his car so he sold most of the stuff I posted for cheap. The only thing I bought new was the tune.
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

that probably the deal there.. i think timing removed.. I'm not very sure.. But i have heard of the pump taking a shiat and causing some issues.. the second IAT tells the pcm no- no.. I'm BT while have some info..

Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    that probably the deal there.. i think timing removed.. I'm not very sure.. But i have heard of the pump taking a shiat and causing some issues.. the second IAT tells the pcm no- no.. I'm BT while have some info..
    I'm trying to find some info on where the relay box is and how to jumper it to run the pump...stay tuned...
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Well, it looks like my intercooler pump is bad. Ran a jumper wire on the relay and tapped on pump with a rubber mallet...nothing. Anyone got a used pump or have any hookups to get a new one?
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Quote Originally Posted by krazyazian View Post
    Just got done checking plugs and there fine. Ran motor for awhile to see if the intercooler pump would kick on and it never did.
    When the IATs get high the tune should be setup to pull timing. I looked at my tune and the I/C pump comes on with an IAT2 of 70 or greater which is pretty much all the time unless the motor is very cold then it may take a very short warm up.

First check the fuse to the pump. If that is good then your pump may have failed.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    I have a 2006 Mustang GT (auto trans) in which I jumped on it while on the highway and it sputtered like it was loosing and then regaining power as if it was running on the last fumes in the gas tank. It does not do this repeatedly when I try again during the same trip or every time later that I jump on it, just periodically and I could not find any problems with it, nor could the dealership duplicate it. Not sure what the cause is... if you get any answers on yours, let me know as it may be the same with mine

Gold Award 
    i would run a ground wire to the i/c pump wire at the pcm and see if it comes on. or try to jump it again. i found that when you jump it fast or switch it on fast sometimes it wont come on untill you do it again. also is the hesitation between shifts? if so you may need to delete the pprv in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucafu1 View Post
    i would run a ground wire to the i/c pump wire at the pcm and see if it comes on. or try to jump it again. i found that when you jump it fast or switch it on fast sometimes it wont come on untill you do it again. also is the hesitation between shifts? if so you may need to delete the pprv in the tank.
    I've tried the jumper wire 3 times while tapping on the pump the last 2 and nada!

Stangme-I'll post up what I end up fixing
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116