Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang runs like crap

Mustang runs like crap

Well started her up this morning and she wasnt running right. Driving it it sputters and chokes when I accelerate. Fine during cruising, but any time I press the gas it stutters. Checked the coil and there was condensation in there, dried off coil and spark plug (plug looked good otherwise) and tried it again. Still doesnt run right. So I went and bought a new coil and put it on. Still doesnt run good. Anything else I can do? Anyone know whats wrong with it??????

P.S. It threw a p0305 code which is misfire in #5 cylinder

how do the plugs look? also how mant miles do you have now? over 120k now right?

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ahawkins View Post
    Well started her up this morning and she wasnt running right. Driving it it sputters and chokes when I accelerate. Fine during cruising, but any time I press the gas it stutters. Checked the coil and there was condensation in there, dried off coil and spark plug (plug looked good otherwise) and tried it again. Still doesnt run right. So I went and bought a new coil and put it on. Still doesnt run good. Anything else I can do? Anyone know whats wrong with it??????

P.S. It threw a p0305 code which is misfire in #5 cylinder

Upgrade to a Cobra

There are some good deals out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    Upgrade to a Cobra

+1

Quote Originally Posted by silver03cobra View Post
    how do the plugs look? also how mant miles do you have now? over 120k now right?
    Well I only pulled the plug from cylinder 5 and it looked okay to me, gonna check the gap on it though to make sure its correct. I might as well check the others to make sure. I currently have 130k miles, the MOTOR has about 70k but the coils still have 130k on them

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    Upgrade to a Cobra

I would but I still owe 9300 on my gt so thats not gonna happen any time soon. Just gonna make the most of what I have now, unless you wanna trade

Platinum Award 
    Even though the wire"Looks Ok" I would replace it and see what happens, dont know how old they are but I would get a set of new wires and if it works replace them all now..My 2000 Gt was acting up and threw a code like that. I replaced the plugs, coil pack, and wire and it was great!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Daynas car (my Lady) Had the same code and issues and when we replaced the plugs and wires on her car in ran 110% better and the misfire was gone. It had started to arc from wire to wire loosing its power

Platinum Award 
    ive replaced my fair share of injectors on 4.6/5.4 engines, might want to check that as well.
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Well I changed all the spark plugs for the hell of it and low and be hold there were quite a few other coils with moisture on them, the worst was I believe cylinder 3, the spark plug was literally soaking wet, I pulled the plug and it was dripping a water/oil mixture it was that bad, put a new plug in and in runs better than ever now, but now im afraid that oil will get back in there because I dont know how it got there in the first place. But now another problem has come up!!! When Im driving in low RPM's and I press in the clutch the Rev's drop very quickly, almost instantly to the point it wants to die, I check all the vacuum lines and they are good, now what could it be?