Thread: Starter solenoid issue

brokedown84

Cool Starter solenoid issue

I have a 84 gt350 5.0 Carb.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have went through about 6 starter solenoids. I have replaced the starter, ign coil, plugs, wires, battery battery cables.

The car will start up and drive but then when i go to start it the next day it doesnt want to start, then when im just about to give up the starter catches and i pull the key out of the ign and it is still trying to crank. Then i run to disconnect the battery and that of course stops it from trying to crank. Next attempt to crank, the car does nothing, this has happend several times and if i put a new starter solenoid on it, it will crank right up. It did this same thing before i replaced the starter this last week, and the battery......Any ideas....Some people are telling me it sounds like its grounding out, but i have checked and all seems fine............

brokedown84
    thinking of replacing the ign switch next......

Get a wiring diagram and start checking all the connections and wiring related to the circuit. Get out the multimeter.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by brokedown84 View Post
    thinking of replacing the ign switch next......
    The switch is not dis-engaging..... Common on Foxes after a long time the modulein the steering column comes loose!!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Jacobstang... are you talking about the starter switch module?