Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another One!

just trash it.......

03 motor w/stage 3 cams ,JLT c.a.i,BBK o/r X pipe,Tri-Ax,C.C U/L flywheel ,
    Competition Clutch, I.R.S 31 spline w/4:10's,SCT tuner,Eibach sport line,tokico, .....

NEW set up
    S/C 17psi 462HP 505TQ....

11.76@116 1.63 60ft.

Quote Originally Posted by az2k1 View Post
    just trash it.......
    Hahahaaha

Quote Originally Posted by az2k1 View Post
    just trash it.......
    easier said then done

Gold Award 
    Trash it then get pulled over again and see how that one goes!!

you know its easy for people to say slow down. but i know most of you who say slow down dont ALWAYS drive exactly the speed limit at all times. especially in the cars that we drive. it is also easier said than done to drive the speed limit when you just have the urge to put your foot into the pedal. and driving just 10 over on a freeway is not what i would call reckless. it is 75 on the 10 in goodyear and buckeye and its not different driving there than on the 101. so going 75 is not rediculous at all. the cops are always out profiling high performance cars especailly mustangs. i see it all the time. cops will just get behind me and follow me for a good 10 minutes just because they can. as long as we all drive exactly the speed limit and follow every single law, we are just letting the government push us around like they do every other apect of our lives.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Gold Award 
    doh! i have forgotten about those stupid cameras a few times, and have managed to get lucky both times i guess. never got anything. i sure hate those things, as both times i was flowin with traffic. and 75-80 is about what everyone here does. so its not like you were being wreckless or anything...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    you know its easy for people to say slow down. but i know most of you who say slow down dont ALWAYS drive exactly the speed limit at all times. especially in the cars that we drive. it is also easier said than done to drive the speed limit when you just have the urge to put your foot into the pedal. and driving just 10 over on a freeway is not what i would call reckless. it is 75 on the 10 in goodyear and buckeye and its not different driving there than on the 101. so going 75 is not rediculous at all. the cops are always out profiling high performance cars especailly mustangs. i see it all the time. cops will just get behind me and follow me for a good 10 minutes just because they can. as long as we all drive exactly the speed limit and follow every single law, we are just letting the government push us around like they do every other apect of our lives.
    Well, I'm no angel when it comes to driving, and I even pointed that out in a previous post, but I don't get on the internet and complain that I got a ticket while breaking the law. What is someone supposed to expect? I understand being pissed when you get a ticket, but why would you be suprised? And even more important, why would you be pissed at a police officer for doing his job? Pissed at getting caught is the more appropriate response, as it wasn't the officer's "urge" that made anyone speed in the first place - it was the driver's "urge".

As far as what you (or anybody else for that matter) considers reckless, I for the most part agree with your assessment about 10 over on the freeway. It's what most everyone else drives anyway and I agree that going with the flow of traffic is probably safer than getting in the way at 10 less than everyone else. BUT, the problem with this line of thinking is that the law is not written on what just you or I consider is reckless, and the law doesn't allow for us to make spot decisions on when it is OK or not to break it. If you choose to go 10 over, whether reckless or not, you are also choosing to take the risk of having to pay a fine for it. Don't blame anyone else but yourself if you get caught.

And yes, they profile, I won't disagree with that. But they don't pull you over for driving a Mustang, they pull you over for speeding (or whatever other infraction). Who cares if they follow you for 10 minutes. Following the law is not letting the government "push us around". We voted the asshats in office that make the laws what they are. And even if speed limits were oppressive (and I really don't think they are, in this case anyway), I don't think that getting a ticket and having to pay a fine is an effective way of "PUTTING IT TO THE MAN"!
    It's The People's Cube. The most politically correct game ever! Guaranteed equality of results!

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneVet View Post
    Well, I'm no angel when it comes to driving, and I even pointed that out in a previous post, but I don't get on the internet and complain that I got a ticket while breaking the law. What is someone supposed to expect? I understand being pissed when you get a ticket, but why would you be suprised? And even more important, why would you be pissed at a police officer for doing his job? Pissed at getting caught is the more appropriate response, as it wasn't the officer's "urge" that made anyone speed in the first place - it was the driver's "urge".

As far as what you (or anybody else for that matter) considers reckless, I for the most part agree with your assessment about 10 over on the freeway. It's what most everyone else drives anyway and I agree that going with the flow of traffic is probably safer than getting in the way at 10 less than everyone else. BUT, the problem with this line of thinking is that the law is not written on what just you or I consider is reckless, and the law doesn't allow for us to make spot decisions on when it is OK or not to break it. If you choose to go 10 over, whether reckless or not, you are also choosing to take the risk of having to pay a fine for it. Don't blame anyone else but yourself if you get caught.

And yes, they profile, I won't disagree with that. But they don't pull you over for driving a Mustang, they pull you over for speeding (or whatever other infraction). Who cares if they follow you for 10 minutes. Following the law is not letting the government "push us around". We voted the asshats in office that make the laws what they are. And even if speed limits were oppressive (and I really don't think they are, in this case anyway), I don't think that getting a ticket and having to pay a fine is an effective way of "PUTTING IT TO THE MAN"!
    AMEN!!!

Last edited by jtleng; 11-14-09 at 09:11 AM.

Silver Award