Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
Ok Boys and Girls, today we will learn a new word and it's true meaning...

hygroscopic.
(1) Possessing a marked ability to accelerate the condensation of water vapor; applied to condensation nuclei composed of salts that yield aqueous solutions of a very low equilibrium vapor pressure compared with that of pure water at the same temperature. (2) Pertaining to a substance whose physical characteristics are appreciably altered by effects of water vapor. (3) Pertaining to water absorbed by dry soil minerals from the atmosphere; the amounts depend on the physicochemical character of the surfaces, and increase with rising relative humidity.

That was for everyone except WB, as he was in the Navy and knows a lot about water.

Sorry Bill, but I'm up late too and could not resist, lol
Lol, tell me about it. That's the one thing about E85 that I've never liked. But unfortunately it's a property of the fuel due to its chemical composition. I hate having to fight this with many of the chemicals I work with in the lab. Knowing how big of a problem it really is and having seen / experienced problems with contamination in the lab, it'd scare me to rely on this fuel.

Water contamination of the fuel = bad. The more water the fuel absorbs the more you decrease its energy content. Making the potential benefits of the fuel to not be fully realized.