Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: E85 tuning

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill@PSR View Post
    Jeff
    You can stop with your stupid insults.
    I've set up and tuned 7 or 8 race cars on E85 that are a lot quicker than your car. I know what I'm talking about.
    I'm making people aware of the hazards of E85, especially when it comes a high horsepower supercharged or turbocharged vehicles.
    The examples you gave with water in avgas and diesel have no bearing on this topic. Diesel and avgas are not hygroscopic fuels. Water separates form those fuels. Put a cup of water in seperate clear containers of E85, avgas and diesel. You will see the water settle to the bottom. Over a set period of time the water in the E85 container will be ABSORBED, while you will still be able to see the water in the other containers.

All my intent in this thread is to make sure the people that are going to push the limit in their power adder cars know that their BEST OPTION is to obtain their E85 by the drum for the absolute best consistency AND safety.

PS........ I've owned (my company) 16 flex fuel Taurus and 3 Rangers
    Bill I will keep that in mind if I decide to put a water hose in my gas tank with E85. Every pump in the area has a hygroscopic factor being E10 is used universially. I see again you feel the need to express how much you know. If it makes you feel better about yourself so be it. I would really like to know where you tune these fast E85 cars at?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Bill I will keep that in mind if I decide to put a water hose in my gas tank with E85. Every pump in the area has a hygroscopic factor being E10 is used universially. I see again you feel the need to express how much you know. If it makes you feel better about yourself so be it. I would really like to know where you tune these fast E85 cars at?
    Again with your typical BS.

Memphis, Norwalk and Ft Worth.

Do I need them to join and tell you?
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some info from Dan Schoneck
    Andy that he speaks of in the post develops flex fuel calibrations for GM vehicles for Diablo Sport.

Haha some of you guys kill me. I made 860rwhp with the stuff in my Gt500 with the stock motor and 1000rwhp with the built alum motor. Like the one guy said if you don't have a car that is older than 1985 you have NOTHING to worry about. Everyone needs to stop crying about e85 being a joke and inconsistant, cause it is know where near as inconsistant as 93octane fuel. I NEVER and do mean NEVER check my e85 at the pump and i make 27lbs of boost and 21 degrees of timing. I do make sure when we tune for the first time that we are on pure E85 and then after that i just go to the pump and let her ride. E85 is the best PERIOD pump gas ever made, like it or not and all the political BUllSh!T and its very comparable with the alcohol content of it to being as good as 112-114 octane race fuel. A good friend of mine this weekend is going to run 7's on a out of the pump non tested e85 with a 427 cubed twin 78mm turbo mustang. He has already been 8.18 @ 173 on out of the pump e85. It makes 26lbs of boost and has a air to air I.C. It has made 1384 rwhp on pump E85, and with turbos this is the limit of 160lb injectors on e85, blowers are around 1100rwhp.
    The main thing to look at is the injector size and fuel pumps. We have went from 570rwhp with a stock blower,I.w,2.6 blower pulley, headers, intake to 626 just from the switch of E85 and that was only turning it 6300rpms with 22 degrees of timing. Twin screws and roots blower benifit from it even more as it kills any extra intake temp heat and makes the srew blowers more repeatable on the street pull after pull.
    A little insight on back to the injectors. 60lbers are only good to 600 at 80psi of fuel pressure on korn. 72 are good till about 700ish, 96 are good till about 750 these are on blower combos not turbos or na. but really anything over 800rwhp should have 120-160lbs injectors. Stock gt500 pumps are only good to 620rwhp with 72lb inj and then you will need dual boost a pumps. Btw the 96lb hp rating was with a Procharger not a crew blower. I don't know how much hp it takes to drive a screw, but a f -series blower with run a 96lb injector at 80psi of fuel pressure out fuel at 730rwhp.

Hope this helps and Andy the guy that has helped me though out the years has done over 2500 e85 conversions and over 250 600+rwhp cars. In the last 4 years over 20 600+ cars for my self and customers. He has more Data than anyone one on the fuel, and combos wheather it be Na or turbo or blower.

Dan
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Hmmmmm..................Dan's located in "E85 Country"

Ever met Dan or Andy Wicks, BentRear?

Last time I saw Dan and drank a few was at Commerce, Ga

He made runner up in Renegade and I made it to the semi's in ModMotor and won Saturday's Fast Ford
    Dan's a nutcase jokester, but Andy's a bit dry.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hmmmmm..................Dan's located in "E85 Country"

Ever met Dan or Andy Wicks, BentRear?

Last time I saw Dan and drank a few was at Commerce, Ga

He made runner up in Renegade and I made it to the semi's in ModMotor and won Saturday's Fast Ford
    Dan's a nutcase jokester, but Andy's a bit dry.
    BentRear LOL. How is you car coming along? What has it been 3 years since it has moved under its own power?

No I never did meet either of these guys, but their expertise with E85 comes well recommended for those who do know them.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

BentRear LOL. How is you car coming along? What has it been 3 years since it has moved under its own power?

No I never did meet either of these guys, but their expertise with E85 comes well recommended for those who do know them.
    Ya see BentRear..........that's a quandary. I can't really make my mind up if I want to make my money from this car on the street or on the track.
    Either way, Louise will be quicker than you.
    Maybe I'll run her on E85.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ya see BentRear..........that's a quandary. I can't really make my mind up if I want to make my money from this car on the street or on the track.
    Either way, Louise will be quicker than you.
    Maybe I'll run her on E85.
    E85 now your talking. Last time you said you couldn't decide on trannys. Now its a different excuse. Until you post up a timeslip you are just bench racing.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I have some buddy's back in idaho who have been running E85 for a long time now in their evo's with ZERO problems

here is a vid of 2 of them going at it, both on E85 and one running 36lbs of boost and the other 29lbs..

YouTube- 2003 Evo 8 w/GT3582r @36lbs-vs- Evil Eagle 2.3L w/GT3082r @29lbs

here is another vid of my friend Jake running 10's on E85 and a stock motor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ninesecd.../1/3TIV0fOMmsM
    2003 SRT4 12.29@109.36 SOLD
    2003 Cobra 12.00@119 SOLD

2004 Cobra vert 12.05@118
    -intake, exhaust, pulley

2007 Mustang GT 13.66@102
    -JLT CAI
    -Bama tune
    -JBA axle back

E85 now your talking. Last time you said you couldn't decide on trannys. Now its a different excuse. Until you post up a timeslip you are just bench racing.
    No............Bench racer here. Remember, I was racing when you were a dirty thought in your Dad's mind.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

U all are crazy funny... I put a EVO 9 with a GT30R @ 21lbs and put down 515hp on a all will dyno... But I my self run 2001 cobra on bottle w/VP113 yes its over kill but I like the VP smell ....