PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Dyno Vid

HIVOLTAGE
10-22-09, 11:45 AM
Someone might find this entertaining. I have no clue on how to put together a video, this is my first attempt.

Devin @ PSR did some tuning on my 02 Lightning last Wednesday. He has some incredible skills and I am always quite thankful of the time he spends to make this truck run so good. Because I'm so lame at putting video together, let me point out a couple of things. The first pulls are the street program with 91 octane and 13* of timing. It made 616hp and 673tq to the wheels. He then up'd the timing a bit and we put some 110 octane to mix with the 91 and it made 649hp and 718tq.

Please don't crucify me too bad for the vid; :sticktonge:

VIDEOS :: PSRDynoDay10-1410-15.flv video by strucku - Photobucket (http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/strucku/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=PSRDynoDay10-1410-15.flv)

Here's 2 dyno sheets;

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/strucku/Lightnings/scan0021.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/strucku/Lightnings/scan0022.jpg

BOOMSHAKALAKA
10-22-09, 02:50 PM
:jaw-dropping:
Extremely Jealous....
I want one SOO bad!

HIVOLTAGE
10-22-09, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the comp. Tony actually bought my other L, stock Sonic Blue. :hide:

BOOMSHAKALAKA
10-22-09, 09:24 PM
Yeah it was beautiful!
I have one more year of school til I am letting myself get one...
Any Lightning recommendations that is a major "To Do"?

Blackmagic1
10-22-09, 10:45 PM
"Slightly Modded" uh, ok :biglaugh: 718ft lbs of torque ???!!! Crucify ? Only thing getten crucified ,are going to be yer rear tires !!!:laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:

HIVOLTAGE
10-23-09, 01:38 AM
Thanks Blackmagic.

It is fun to drive. I'm anxious to get a couple more things done to it so we can get a full fledged race tune done on it. I also have a 2 stage n2o set up that we haven't ran yet. It's a handful on the street program so I'm not sure what I'm in for with some extra power adder's.

HIVOLTAGE
10-23-09, 01:44 AM
Yeah it was beautiful!
I have one more year of school til I am letting myself get one...
Any Lightning recommendations that is a major "To Do"?

I'd suggest starting with a bone stock one if you can find one. The one I sold Tony was. I'm only suggesting that as a concern that you don't end up with one that has been beat on too harshly already. Once you get it, the best mods to start with is a tune, pulley and CAI. From there I'd get a good catback exhaust and you'll have a mid 13 sec ride. That would make a great street vehicle and one you can have fun with at the track.

Some guys just go way too crazy on modding them! :laughing1:

AirborneVet
10-23-09, 08:05 PM
Some guys just go way too crazy on modding them! :laughing1:

You wouldn't know anybody like that now, would you? :biglaugh:

Awesome truck man - that's alot of power on street gas :woot2:

HIVOLTAGE
10-23-09, 11:52 PM
Guilty as charged your Honor! :hi:

It's a sickness I tell ya. I tried to stop but just can't. Is there a twelve step program for this?

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.:highfive: