PDA

View Full Version : New drag strip and road course

Wharf Rat
10-13-09, 10:00 AM
Inde Motorsports Ranch- Willcox, AZ

http://www.indemotorsports.com/

Looks like a great set-up. Should be about 3 hours from Phoenix.

Jacostang
10-13-09, 10:15 AM
looks very Cool, maybe a weekend event of drag racing, auto cross and show and shine....

IMSHAKN
10-13-09, 12:28 PM
Check out their membership prices should you happen to want to go all the time. :z7shysterical:

04WhininCobra
10-13-09, 01:17 PM
Check out their membership prices should you happen to want to go all the time. :z7shysterical:

haha that's ridiculous!

BurnTire
10-13-09, 01:44 PM
You gotta pay to play.

AirborneVet
10-13-09, 06:33 PM
It's a "Country Club" style facility instead of a pulic-oriented one. There are a few like that scattered around the states, and they are built to cater to wealthy folks in much the same way private golf clubs are. Member fees for some of those places are similar.

More than likely it is a bunch of well-heeled enthusiasts that put it all together, and I'd be willing to bet they had a member list built before the first slab was laid down anyway. Some folks have the money and desire to have a facility like that virtually to themselves.

4Jenna
10-13-09, 06:48 PM
Thats great another track is opening...could do some secret squirl testing out there.

fazm
10-13-09, 09:33 PM
You gotta pay to play.

ill be your guest lol

Mr. Austin
10-13-09, 09:42 PM
its either that or this http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9896

BurnTire
10-13-09, 09:46 PM
Big deal 30K for violations found in 2006. Firebird is the best facility in Arizona and I bet the problems have since been corrected.

Mr. Austin
10-13-09, 09:48 PM
Lol i thought it was just interesting so i bet they will have some nice entrance fee's

BurnTire
10-13-09, 09:54 PM
Lol i thought it was just interesting so i bet they will have some nice entrance fee's Yea I am sure the 30K is going to break the bank at a facility that takes in millions from their national events. :hyper: I bet there is also an appeal process relating to the fine.

Wharf Rat
10-13-09, 11:19 PM
I'm sure the new track will have club days (like ASA and NASA) and events that are open to the public.

As far as the $30k at the Bird thats a piss ass slap on the wrist by EPA standards. They could fine you ten grand for what your wife has in your bathroom.

BurnTire
10-13-09, 11:23 PM
They could fine you ten grand for what your wife has in your bathroom. Or 20 after a huge dump :biglaugh:

Mr. Austin
10-13-09, 11:46 PM
Or 20 after a huge dump :biglaugh:
Haha. to be honest when i first read the article i though of the simpson's movie when they put the area that is environmentally poisonous under a huge glass dome thanks to EPA

AirborneVet
10-14-09, 06:30 PM
As far as the $30k at the Bird thats a piss ass slap on the wrist by EPA standards. They could fine you ten grand for what your wife has in your bathroom.

Quoted for truth. A dealership back home that my brother worked at got nailed for $10K for one violation in the shop a few years back. Just one violation.

Rick Shopmier
10-14-09, 10:15 PM
It is a great concept, the racing country club, and yes some one has to pay to build it. If you have not checked out the memberships at some of the local golf clubs you might find that this is a deal and you can drive faster than a golf cart. But for you rookies I would check out ASA/Proautosports, its less expensive and you can get some classroom training and instruction from a real performance driver. The courses at Firebird are quite good and ASA is working with Wilcox for some tack days. There is no better fun with your clothes on, or for that matter with them off.