PDA

View Full Version : car wash 18 oct for a good cause

Ruckus46gt
10-12-09, 08:23 PM
I do not personally know these people, but saw this posted by a few people on myspace and figured few might be intrested in heading out or donating something

I am trying to put together a carwash at Fox & Hound Smokehouse & Tavern (located at 83rd and Bell Rd) on Sunday October 18th, from 10:30am- 3:30pm, to benefit Erin Glass and her family while her 2 yr. old daughter is in ICU at St.Joes hospital. If you are not familiar with Erin and her daughter Kiera, this is their story:
My name is Erin and I work as a tech in the ER. My husband Ron has an auto repair shop that he runs with his brother. We have 4 beautiful children. Keagan is 9, Konner is 6, Kaleigh is almost 5, and our angel Keira is 2. Keira was born with congenital heart defects. She had her first surgery at 4 months of age. This surgery was just to protect her lungs. She has lived the last 20 months with 4 holes in her heart. August 18 she went into surgery to repair the holes in her heart. My husband and I thought this would be it. No more surgeries and she could go on and live life and play like a "normal" child. Keira was discharged only 5 days after her open heart surgery. What can I say she is amazing. We were home only 7 days and she was readmitted for pleural effusion. She again did not let this slow her down or get in her way, and was discharged after 5 day. I thought 5 was a lucky number. We were home for 10 days and we noticed Keira having difficulty breathing and low oxygen especially at night. My husband and I took her back to the Er and she was readmitted again. It was only this time that we were not told for 2 days after admission just why she was there. After an echo she was diagnosed with more multiple holes and a mitral valve leak. She will now require another open heart surgery. We are anticipating more complications and or hospital admissions.
Keira has now gone through yet another surgery and we are all hoping for a full recovery. I know Erin has been out of work with no pay since the begining of August. As far as I know her husband is still working, but has cut his hours drastically in order to help with the kids. In addition, the insurance only covers 80% of the bill, leaving the Glass family with 20% of a huge hospital bill.
I am asking for your help in anyway with the following things:
- Collecting buckets, rags, sponges, etc.... for the wash (I'll be putting a sign-up sheet in the ER huddle room)
- Money, food, clothing, or toy donations for the family
- Your time during the wash to help collect money or to wash cars
- Help with promoting this event
- Any connections with fire, police, clowns... anyone available for the wash able to create flare and interest in what we are doing
- Promotion ideas... 2 heads are better than 1!
- Attend the wash!!!
If all you do is repost this or send this information to your email contacts, facebook and myspace friends, etc... it would be greatly appreciated by myself and the Glass family. Getting the word out there is KEY!!! Together lets make this benefit carwash a successful one!!!
Samantha
623-703-4963
i will also be on my myspace and facebook.
samantharippey@yahoo.com
anything will help......please.
Tara Simon
(623) 256-7220
littlemissy420420@yahoo.com
26818 N. 64th Ave Phoenix 85083
In addition I have facebook and myspace accounts I check almost daily
P.S. Thanks to the Sun City West Fire Department, John Bullock GM of Fox and Hound, and Del Webb ED :)

4Jenna
10-13-09, 09:02 AM
Thx for posting!

I will be there.

-Chris