PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 Car Show

Jodaddy
09-14-09, 01:40 AM
just some pictures from the drive to flagstaff

Blackmagic1
09-14-09, 10:29 AM
Nice pics. How many cars at the actual show? Did the weather cooperate all weekend ??

Mr. Austin
09-14-09, 10:58 AM
Weather was decent 5 min sprinkle little thunder and lots of sun. I will add onto Jo's pics when i get them off my camera

Trick Pony
09-14-09, 02:04 PM
It was a great show. We really enjoyed getting back with the Mustang gang again. The Poker Run was fun Friday even though the Flagstaff traffic was terrible.

I did think that Mustangs were under represented in the awards. There must have been 50 Mustangs there and only 3 award classes available. The 55-57 chevys were far, far less represented yet they had 4 award classes. There were some very nice Mustangs there that should have been included in the top 30 but I think our location behind city hall prevented many participants from finding us. Perhaps there is a way we can make suggestions for next near. The Alpine show didn't even have a Mustang class. The Stangers complained so they created a class on the spot for us. I'm sure that the Flagstaff show would like to see all the Mustangs return next year and should be open to our ideas.

Mr. Austin
09-14-09, 02:52 PM
lol to add to your comment ask Darin what they told him about his car. im sure HPS, No MUSTANG folk that know his car would love. I mean LOVE to hear it.

joeyjazzbone
09-14-09, 02:53 PM
Sorry I missed you guys, auto parts stores never sleep or go to shows I did swing by sunday for a few, hope to see you down at the valley shows, or next year if i can get out of the store ( Autozone )...Joe

Jacostang
09-14-09, 04:33 PM
lol to add to your comment ask Darin what they told him about his car. im sure HPS, No MUSTANG folk that know his car would love. I mean LOVE to hear it.
What did they say?????

Jodaddy
09-14-09, 05:32 PM
haha well they "Some how" missed his car. They didnt even judge it! that on top of other things....he was pretty mad about it, unfortuanatly that show was really unorganized and had alot of pricks working there

Mr. Austin
09-14-09, 06:21 PM
they also told jo that they had no more spots that they had been filled for two weeks in adavance when they told me 2 days before we went up i called and asked for jo if they had anymore spots and they said yes a few that they would have saved one. They got into jo's face about no more spots...Oh but my bullshit issues is that the rule was 400 cars. they were booked 2 weeks in advanced and fought about it. (announcer) Car 403 has gotten 2nd best of show!!!!!!!:censored::censored::asshole2:

Trick Pony
09-14-09, 07:17 PM
As a member of the group putting on the Run to the Pines show , I don't have a problem with how they handled the 400 limit. RTTP publishes a limit of 550 cars. In May acceptance was cut off at 598 on the theory that there will be about 50 no shows. Several hundred entries have been turned away since mid May. We have comfortable room for 550 but may have to squeeze in up to 598. 4 years ago Boyd Coddingtom showed up with 5 cars to register and was turned away.

Overall, I would say that the Route 66 show was well organized and run considering how spread out it was. There is no excuse for not judging a car though. I also felt that it was a mistake having just one judge for the class. With the quantity of Mustangs attending the show, we should insist on a more fair representation of awards. If the can have stock and modified awards for 55, 56, and 57 Chevys then they should do at least the same for the Mustang categories.:goodidea:

Mr. Austin
09-14-09, 09:10 PM
As a member of the group putting on the Run to the Pines show , I don't have a problem with how they handled the 400 limit. RTTP publishes a limit of 550 cars. In May acceptance was cut off at 598 on the theory that there will be about 50 no shows. Several hundred entries have been turned away since mid May. We have comfortable room for 550 but may have to squeeze in up to 598. 4 years ago Boyd Coddingtom showed up with 5 cars to register and was turned away.

Overall, I would say that the Route 66 show was well organized and run considering how spread out it was. There is no excuse for not judging a car though. I also felt that it was a mistake having just one judge for the class. With the quantity of Mustangs attending the show, we should insist on a more fair representation of awards. If the can have stock and modified awards for 55, 56, and 57 Chevys then they should do at least the same for the Mustang categories.:goodidea:

I would agree in "areas" they were very organized. But like i told jo. The people running the show can only be on the same page to a certain point. the car not being judge and that junk. kinda ridiculous.

DSALEEN
09-15-09, 10:22 AM
They have tooooooo many excuses for a few things that went wrong.i dont think the president bob bortree really gives a shit what anybody has to say all weekend he has a mr know it all attitude and for one guy to doubt me on if my car is in the show because i put it in the drive thrue bank to wipe her down and from some drops of rain and put it back in my spot a route 66 worker asked if i was in the show and i said yes i had sign in window badge on my shirt then he second guessed me are you sure you are in show thats bbbbbssssssssssssssss.then come to find out sunday the guy never saw my car because he ran out of time the deadline was 1:00 thats bbbbbbbbbbbbbsssssssssssss again and that took it over the edge and all bob said was sorry i dont pay for something and not get what i pay for this show had same cars winning anybodys car can win as long as the judges run out of time

Jacostang
09-15-09, 11:27 AM
Well that sucks, did not know that was going on... I am a modified judge so if you Saleen is at our show I'll be judging her!! Hope so I really want toooooo!

Jodaddy
09-15-09, 12:36 PM
over all it was a great drive, some awesome cars, but the show its self was the gay mans gay man and everyone got f*cked!

Mr. Austin
09-15-09, 02:02 PM
Lol i will take up an offer through yarn-ell ANYDAY!

AZSonicSnake
09-15-09, 02:47 PM
wow, glad i did not make that one. i'll stick to the copperstate shows. nothing is run as well as they are! well...cept the jennabears show. ;)

azmustang
09-20-09, 08:08 PM
I finally had some time to post a few of my pic's from last week

Rick Shopmier
09-20-09, 08:57 PM
My car is not a trailer queen by a long shot but all things considered it was best to trailer this time. Still got to drive it all over town on the poker run. Not disappointed in the event....great time. And good WWMC gathering at the Galaxy Dinner on Friday and the Copperstate gathering in the hotel lot on Saturday. Let the good times roll!