PDA

View Full Version : Need Carburetor tune.

Mr. Austin
09-01-09, 01:49 PM
I have an Edelbrock 600 on my car and something inside is making it dead. runs rough until given gas. looking to see if anyone can fix. i have a rebuilt kid i have rebuilt it but not everything was used so i missed something. did even work before. looking to trade this work for some car detailing. after this rain they will need it! Please and thank you!

CCStang
09-04-09, 10:32 PM
Just curious...Did you find anyone to do the rebuild?

Mr. Austin
09-05-09, 02:06 AM
No. And one guy quoted me a few months back for 75 and i lost his card some fellow a week ago quoted me for 225. so no. i haven't.

CCStang
09-05-09, 08:01 AM
I pulled the following bit of info off another topic board...

Some good information...I just met the "carburetor expert" in the valley. He knows Holly, Edelbrock, Demon, Carter, and Autolite like no other. Has 26 years experience. Can tell you ALL about metering systems, power valves, jets, secondaries, accelerator pumps, and everything else for carburetor performance, economy, and efficiency.
I talked to one guy who "knocked" .38 seconds off his "1/4 mile time" by having his "Holly duel quad" setup tuned.
The experts name and phone number is: Gregg Kenyon...602-942-2465...lives just east of Interstate 17 off Greenway.I personally have not had any work done by him. I did chat with him over the phone about having my 4100 throttle shafts re-bushed.
:yikes:
Found out it really wasn't necessary.

Seems like a possible source for you. Very few know, about this guy. Worse case, is that he "might" be a little over-priced. Best case, is he might be in the ballpark because he is like the rest of us poor souls and in need of work. Never know....

Let me know how it turns out for you...

-------------------------------------
Edit: I really need to go back to "Lingo Lessons" 101...I can't believe I run a website!

Mr. Austin
09-05-09, 10:37 AM
Thanks!

CCStang
09-15-09, 05:36 PM
So did Gregg kill your idea about a rebuild or did you even follow-up on it? Again curious...

Mr. Austin
09-15-09, 11:49 PM
i dont have 10 bucks to spare at the moment. when i posted i had some money saved but after route 66 and no job because of this economy money to spare is slim. she runs. she will have to run like this for a while :(

CCStang
09-16-09, 10:06 PM
Yup! Times could be better without a doubt! Happy (job) hunting.

Mr. Austin
09-16-09, 10:18 PM
Well i had 2 interviews but when they see my schedule for college i get turned down. i had one night class and that ruined it then 2 weeks into school they cancelled it due to low enrollment. :( so i tried calling both back but because of the economy finding someone to fill it was a peace of ca salado ke.Both Desert schools and rio college emailed saying they were hiring so i have my fingers crossed.